BX Expanded Stuff

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I'm new to the forum and the life of Orange. Was a "Green" lawn and garden guy for many years (JD 425 with many attachments). As a farm kid, was around tractors for years, but that was years ago.

Got a new BX2360/LA243 FEL that I'm loving thus far.

I just bought those bucket hooks from BXEpanded that snap on to the top lip of the bucket.

Are they handy? I've been around construction equipment for many years since, and knew I need hooks. I'm good with wood, but metal working is not an option for me. I also wasn't looking to weld on the bucket (yet, at least).

I know I can't exceed the expectations of the machine, just looking to see I they have worked for you for basic lifts.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I know, I know. I should have asked for advice first....

RC

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I just recently added those same hooks under the same circumstances. So far so good, used them a couple times, easy to snap on and off. Currently just leaving them on. My first purchase was the backhoe dolly from them. Love it. Takes up less room and made the unattached backhoe mobile for garage clean up and rearranging.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Super - glad to hear!

Many thanks.

MotoAir

Equipment
BX25D, ZD21
May 13, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I assembled and installed a number of items on my BX25D from BXpanded this evening (back hoe dolly, pirhana tooth bar, under armor, 4 bucket hooks, thumb and a 25 gal. sprayer). Had terrific customer support from Harry when I called in with my 2,000 questions. :)

The hooks are fantastic! All the products are excellent quality and customer service has been superb. I'm new to this tractor and appreciate the nice upgrades we have to choose from.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Slim and Moto -

I really appreciate the feedback and the pictures. When I did the first post, I thought it would look "fishy," as in baiting for feedback, good or bad. But in all honesty was just looking to (hopefully) get some recommendations, since I had JUST bought 2 grabs and 1 slip a couple minutes earlier.

I'm old school big time - don't buy stuff on the internet. I need to see it and put my hands on something to buy it. The video for the hooks on the BXpanded website helped me. Now that I bought them, Moto's pics were better than the website, thanks again.

In the last couple months appliance parts and my own pants (I'm tall) can only be found online. Hate it.

As I said - should have asked first....Now I feel better.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Got the hooks today and put them on easily. Seem pretty decent - I'm liking them! Haven't used them yet - that'll be the real test.

MotoAir - have you used your Tooth Bar yet? What uses do you have planned for it? (It looks really cool, that's almost good enough for me). I looked at it for maybe doing some brush/root tearing up, but have plenty of chainsaws, a chipper, etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

MotoAir

Equipment
BX25D, ZD21
May 13, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Got the hooks today and put them on easily. Seem pretty decent - I'm liking them! Haven't used them yet - that'll be the real test.

MotoAir - have you used your Tooth Bar yet? What uses do you have planned for it? (It looks really cool, that's almost good enough for me). I looked at it for maybe doing some brush/root tearing up, but have plenty of chainsaws, a chipper, etc.
RCW, I haven't used the tooth bar yet but I'm excited to do so. I got it to cut through some open field areas and to provide wear protection. It does look cool and that is, indeed, enough. :)

I also picked up this rock bucket from JariUSA. For now I will hang it on my hangar wall and call it art. Someday I will figure out a use for it,... maybe I can hang wine glasses upside down from it. Or, maybe I will use the fork pallets to lift wine bottles into the rock bucket. Glad I got this BX25D for the heavy work load. :D

And the back hoe dolly from BXpanded is fantastic!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I meant the bike
Skeets, thanks for asking. MotoAir, thanks for clarifying. First thing I thought from the photo was "that's a beemer."

Buddy was at Americade in Lake George, NY recently. Test drove a BMW, among others. Best bike he'd ever rode, and he's been on many bikes for decades.

I only have a H-D Superglide......but being from the muscle car era, it is LOUD!!!!

Last edited:

MotoAir

Equipment
BX25D, ZD21
May 13, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Skeets, thanks for asking. MotoAir, thanks for clarifying. First thing I thought from the photo was "that's a beemer."

Buddy was at Americade in Lake George, NY recently. Test drove a BMW, among others. Best bike he'd ever rode, and he's been on many bikes for decades.

I only have a H-D Superglide......but being from the muscle car era, it is LOUD!!!!
Yep, that bike has taken me on many long journeys all over the western US. I don't think there is anything to compare with a beautiful motorcycle ride.

Those hooks are awesome !! Love the fact they don't have to be welded !!
Absolutely! They snap on and off and you can easily relocate them on the bucket. Very cool product IMHO.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Beemers are nice to be sure, and were it not for the fact I like my old iron I might be riding one. Back in the day I did have a R90s not a really fast bike by todays standers but back then was a damn scary fast little café racer.
And you got a tail dragger too geeeezzz man you got all the toys,,lol

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
All nice stuff, if $ are there, fine. I have had several tractors with buckets. Each one was then equipped with hooks where I wanted them, welded on. Much cheaper I bet. Also, on some buckets the mid top hook may see some strong loads and cave in that edge some. Cure was to place (weld) a steel fence post behind the lip. Strong stuff.

You can make your own teeth using fence post material as teeth (hardened steel). Weld to a steel strap in front and use the two side bolts as in the commercial one shown. Add some "fingers" to keep strap on line with edge.

I missed seeing a welder in that shop. An essential tool for anyone with a tractor. You can make most of the attachments you need.