BX 23S bagger bracket question

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
Have a new BX23S and the better half is telling me to get the grass bagger. My question is since the BX23S comes with the backhoe and has the pins to support it, will the grass bagger fit or interfere?

All the bagger info I can find online indicates there is a permanent mount bracket "that does not interfere with the 3 point hitch". That's great, but will it coexist with the hoe mounts?

Thanks in advance for any insight or pictures if you have been down this road before me!

Last edited:

SyNtAxx

Equipment
Kubota BX25D-1 TLBM + Woods RB60 Blade + Grass Catcher
Oct 27, 2015
Kennett Square
I do believe the newer baggers mount onto the 3 pth now.
I have a BX25D-1 and also have the bagger, which I **love** btw. The bagger does indeed use the 3pt hitch for mounting. When installing the brackets to allow for use of the bagger you replace the original 'dog ears' on the rear of the tractor to allow for a lower stationary attachment point for the 3pt linkages ( so bagger doesn't move up/down). There was a post earlier in a different thread indicating the new dog ears do in-fact impede the attachment of the backhoe just a bit. I believe the solution was shave down the new dog ears if possible or reinstall the original ears for the short term.

Since there were some changes to the rear of the tractor with respect to the backhoe mount-up I cant say for sure there would be a clearance issue with the new configuration and bagger. I use my bagger more often than the hoe, so for me it wasn't an issue.

I've had john deere 455 with power flow bagger on it, I can say with out a doubt the kubota bagger is superior in every way in my opinion.

Nick

Attachments

Last edited:

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
Thanks for the replies. The main difference on the back of the 23S is the upper pins for the hoe are permanently mounted on the tractor and the hoe has a cam device to grip the pins. (Like a hand gripping a rope.)

This and the lack of a bagger listing in the printed material has me wondering. Guess I can always call my Kubota dealer!

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
The bagger is held on by the 3pt arms you may or may have not purchased. The backhoe pins are irrelevant.