BX 1850 running on 2 cylinders

aressler

Dec 24, 2010
Alburtis, PA
I'm having some problems with my BX 1850 where is seems to be running on only 2 cylinders most of the time and will barely stay running at all now.

The problem surfaced last summer. Mowing grass and then all of a sudden I lost power and the tractor almost stalled. As quick as it acted up it was then fine.

Then last winter while plowing snow it did the same thing, but on a regular basis. In the spring I asked the dealer to see what the problem was and they said nothing!

This summer the problem resurfaced a few times. And now that it's cold out it has really surfaced. It's to the point where my tractor is now useless.

I tried replacing the fuel filter and even bypassing the filter but neither solved the problem. The cylinder in question is the back most one. I used my temp gauge and the front two cylinders run at 230 deg. at the header. The rear cylinder is 160-195 degrees. It fires some of the time, but most of the time it's not.

Any clue to what is going on?

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Servide Dept. Vic, I think you've3 covered all of the bases.

I highly suspect the injector most of all......with the problem being intermitent.

fj40dave

aressler

Dec 24, 2010
Alburtis, PA
Took the tractor into the dealer. Of course the day I do the tractor starts right up and runs perfect. No missing, no almost stalling, nothing. They looked it over and said it was just the two fuel filters. Considering they have been changed every spring and the problem still surfaces I highly doubt that is the problem. I guess time will tell....