buying transport trailer

walle

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
islip ny
OTT I'm thinking about purchasing a trailer for my brand Tractor .I had it delivered to my property last week , What great little machine couldn't do to much with all the F---- snow .But that will melt. The tractor is a B2650 ROPS, FEL, B77,FDR 1672 What would be the weight of tractor and implements ?

Thanks Walle

macbma

Equipment
B2650HSD
Feb 13, 2017
Irwin, Pa, USA
I was looking for the same information a few months ago (I still haven't bought a trailer yet). If you have different implements, you numbers will obviously be different; but I sent an email to Kubota Customer Service, this is what they said:

Thank you for contacting Kubota Tractor Corporation.

Please refer to the following:

B2650HSD weight: 1786lbs
LA534 weight: 215lbs (include the main frame, rigid bucket 54" and front guard. )
BH77 weight: The package weight is 1,085 lbs

Total weight approximately: 3,086lbs.

Thank you for choosing Kubota.

Have a great day!

Thanks,

Keytra H.
Customer Satisfaction Representative

It seems like the stated weight of the LA534 loader is a little on the light side; does anyone have any other data point for this?

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Wholegoods price list has the LA534 at 603 lbs. The 603 does not include the bucket or quick attach.

Quick coupler: 80 lbs
QC Bucket 54": 160 lbs

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Just my opinion but when buying a trailer go as big as possible you may buy a bigger tractor in the years to come . I have a Grand L3830 and we have a 10,000 lb trailer always better to have more trailer than you think you need to be safe.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
My experience.

I have a similar setup. I rounded the total weight up to 3500#. Its close to 19 foot long. I picked up a 10K 20' trailer with a dovetail. The dovetail was about 2' so It brought me to 18' so when the day comes and I get to load the tractor on, I'll most likely move the backhoe sideways to get it to fit perfectly.

Double check the ramp. Make sure its a spring assist and it can accommodate your tractor and whatever else you may think to load. Thats where I ran into a problem.

Check your truck and find out if you need a weight distribution hitch or not. Also think about getting a winch for the trailer. How will you load it when it breaks down on you?

Do your homework. Don't let the salesman choose it for you. Thats was my mistake.

GL

Attachments

macbma

Equipment
B2650HSD
Feb 13, 2017
Irwin, Pa, USA
Just my opinion but when buying a trailer go as big as possible you may buy a bigger tractor in the years to come . I have a Grand L3830 and we have a 10,000 lb trailer always better to have more trailer than you think you need to be safe.
So, along those lines, I have a question about getting a bigger trailer...

"hypothetically", if my truck is rated to tow 9,800lbs, can I legally tow a trailer rated at 10,000lb GTWR as long as I don't exceed the GCVWR of the truck?

For example:
If my loaded truck weight is approx 6,000lbs, and the 10,000lb rated trailer weighs 2,000lbs
- I could have 8,000lbs of cargo on the trailer, but I would exceed the truck's towing capacity by 200lbs.
- I could stay at/under the truck's towing capacity by not loading the trailer to it's full capacity, but is it legal to have a trailer behind a truck that has a capacity potentially greater than the truck is rated to tow, as long as I stay within the GCVWR?

I was debating on getting a 7k lb vs 10k lb trailer (with the above referenced weight ratings for the towing truck).

Chris269

Mar 1, 2017
Sugar Creek, MO
I am in the process of buying the exact same setup. 2650 with FEL and BH. I bought a 7000LB tandem axle. 83X18. It has a 2ft dove. The tractor with FEL is only 12 foot long. the Bh is going to stick out another 4 feet. trailer weights about 2100lbs. If the tractor weight is 3500 then i still have 1400lbs that i can use to haul some coolers or other attachments. Consider the extra weight of a 10k trailer. it's going to weight at least 1000lbs more then the 7000. thats alot of extra weight to lug around for not really any reason at all. If you do think you might buy a bigger tractor in the future then it might be a good idea but if your not then it might just be extra baggage. A 20ft trailer is a hell of a long trailer. Pulling in and out of parking lots is going to be that much more of a chore over the 18.

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
macbma,

You can legally tow a 10K trailer, you just can't load it past 9800 lbs. So, 9800 minus the empty weight of your trailer equals how much tractor and extras that you can carry.

Jerry

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I am in the process of buying the exact same setup. 2650 with FEL and BH. I bought a 7000LB tandem axle. 83X18. It has a 2ft dove. The tractor with FEL is only 12 foot long. the Bh is going to stick out another 4 feet. trailer weights about 2100lbs. If the tractor weight is 3500 then i still have 1400lbs that i can use to haul some coolers or other attachments. Consider the extra weight of a 10k trailer. it's going to weight at least 1000lbs more then the 7000. thats alot of extra weight to lug around for not really any reason at all. If you do think you might buy a bigger tractor in the future then it might be a good idea but if your not then it might just be extra baggage. A 20ft trailer is a hell of a long trailer. Pulling in and out of parking lots is going to be that much more of a chore over the 18.
I'll disagree. The extra 1,000 lbs your pulling is only 100 lbs of tongue weight. Also, if your going to navigate an 18 foot trailer, 2 extra feet isn't going to kill you. I would rather have more to work with than less and room to upgrade.

walle

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
islip ny
Thanks again OTT for your information on purchasing trailer.
I bought the tractor a week ago Kubota didn't have the manuals for tractor FEL B77 and FDR1672 I ve been looking at 18 foot equipment trailer from sure trac flat bed drop down ramps , I just fine hard to believe from looking at the tractor it only weigh in at around 3700 lbs

Thanks Walle

FrozenInTime

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 25, 2015
ND
I have a 24ft trailer with removable ramps. The size works for me, it has tandem axles with elec. brakes. Your truck set up for brakes? If not, you will want it put on. My 2370/FEL with tiller looks out of place on it but I do haul around my Allis Chalmers tractors on it also. The only thing I wish, that it had either tilt ramp or drop down ramps instead of the removable. I have a bad back, those things are HEAVY! I'm willing to bet I trade it in on a tilt bed in a few years. Live near me? I'd sell you this one, it's in great shape.

Just saw you live in NY...LOL. little far to come to ND to buy a trailer.

L.C. Gray

Equipment
L3400, RTV500
May 14, 2016
Stephenville, Texas
macbma,

You can legally tow a 10K trailer, you just can't load it past 9800 lbs. So, 9800 minus the empty weight of your trailer equals how much tractor and extras that you can carry.

Jerry
Actually, if they're going to pop you, they can do it on either actual weight, manufacturers rated weight or registered weight. Whichever is over any limit can get you just the same.

macbma

Equipment
B2650HSD
Feb 13, 2017
Irwin, Pa, USA
Actually, if they're going to pop you, they can do it on either actual weight, manufacturers rated weight or registered weight. Whichever is over any limit can get you just the same.
If I purchase and register directly from the manufacturer, maybe they can de-rate the weight rating and registered weight?? I'll have to call them and find out.

Grizzy3901

Equipment
L3901hst, la525, 72" landpride finish mower
Jan 1, 2017
Bealeton va
Chances are if your hauling it for yourself with no decals for a buisness on the side of the truck they will never mess with you. Unless they see you doing something stupid or see tiny straps holding down the tractor.