buy new or keep shopping for used?

flyingbrass

Equipment
L2350
Feb 6, 2016
Arkansas
buy new or keep shopping for used? the tractor I was going to look at has been sold before I could get there. I almost tired of looking. I would almost go get a new one with the great incentives they have now. Chime in if you got an opinion.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
buy new or keep shopping for used? the tractor I was going to look at has been sold before I could get there. I almost tired of looking. I would almost go get a new one with the great incentives they have now. Chime in if you got an opinion.

FB,

tell us what you are looking at or for.

True - people out there get it, I have an old Kubota for sale.....phone rings off the hook......

so what you looking for?:)

RyanS

Equipment
Kubota B2601, Massey 65, Sunstar 18.
Apr 10, 2016
Liberty Center, In
My experience was similar. I had been shopping for about 3 years. To find something in the cash range I wanted to spend, I didn't get the tractor I wanted. Then I went to a dealership. That changed the game I could get what I wanted for 0%, I could not spend my own money that cheap. I am still waiting on the Pallet forks although, It has been a month. My opinion if you can afford it go buy a new one, just look at what they bring used.

KeithG

Equipment
2000 Kubota B2710, Woods BH75 backhoe, LandPride York Rake, B2783 Snow Blower
Jan 1, 2016
Rindge, NH
My only argument about buying new vs. used would be what am I looking for and how long am I going to keep it. If I am only buying something that I know I am going to sell later, then I might buy used. Basically the principal is I don't want to buy someone else's headache. I have seen friends abuse new equipment and when I ask them about them beating on their new equipment and why they respond, and I quote, "I will keep it for a few years and then sell it and it will be someone else's problem."

When I buy a vehicle I run it until it dies which is usually between 10-12 years and 100 to 180K miles.

So when I bought my Kubota I bought it new and I have maintained it because I know it will last me a long time. In fact I have been giving my sons instructions on maintenance and what to look for because I am sure they will inherit it. :)