Bush Hog blades question

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
I recently purchased a Bush Hog SQ600 that been sitting for maybe a year or so.
Since I bought the unit I ran it in some small saplings, 1" vines and some thick briars for around 15 to 20 minutes. I then parked it and checked the blades and they are very tight against the stump jumper. I cant move them with my hands but I did not try hitting the back side of the blade with a mini-sledge and thought I would ask first. I thought they would have been freed up by now. They still do move freely on a shouldered bolt dont they ?
Im thinking of removing nuts, bolts and see if the bolts are the correct length, clean if need ? IDK

Last edited:

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
flip it up on its side, and take a look, it could just be bark, briars or even a piece of wire trapped up near the bolts, and blade...

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Could be brush or other material between the blades and stump jumper.
flip it up on its side, and take a look, it could just be bark, briars or even a piece of wire trapped up near the bolts, and blade...
Thanks for the help. I now have the unit disconnected sitting on blocks. I did look at the "like new" blades and all around the swivel bolt area and they are clean as a whistle. I guess it must be rust and the blades havent hit anything solid enough to break them free.
I will penetrate spray and leave awhile then later hammer tap to the back side of the blades to see if they move.