Building a new B6000

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Well the starter is working fine :D also found where the fuel was leaking at and fixed that. While checking for leaks found something missing like the in line fuel filter and something they call a fuel pump assy. :confused:

I'm replacing the zerk fittings that don't work or that are missing and just as I get brave enough to use this new welder I'm repairing the FEL cracks.

Oh and I'm happy to say first no fire, second my main switch and start switch work fine but did find a dead wire in the harness so I'll be repairing it which is a lot less than a new switch. Oh and Vic the glow plugs work fine and they do get hot....:eek:

Well more to come or do, hey how do I tell what year this B6000 is? Also I have a FEL and have no ideal what it is the bucket looks home made is it possible that the whole loader is home made? I always think of something just when I'm done. The PTO as I stand behind the tractor looking at the PTO it is turning clock wise is that they way I need it to be? I don't have and tools yet but plan to get some...;) When I get done I will have a new tractor. :) Oh and any advise please please give.....

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Not sure on all Kubota tractors, but the majority I have seen have the SN stamped in the top of the tranny on the right hand side of the tractor. On my 8200 it is very hard to read the numbers, as the person stamping it must have been some kind of wimp when it came time to peen in the numbers.;)

Hard to be missing the fuel pump assy...or you'd really have a fuel leak (more like a fountain) on your hands.

Make sure you get a manual to help with all the regular service stuff, like diff, gear, tranny fluids.

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Well I was just kidding when I posted this but there may be more truth to this than I had planned. But a new adventure I guess. :confused:

More to come.......:eek:

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Turning clockwise is a good thing. Hey Cheif, post some pictures of that Kubota, the loader and the PTO area. I'm betting you have a Hub City PTO reverser bolted to the back of that B6000!
That is exactly what I was thinking too.;)

I didn't have a reverser on my B6000 which was another reason I sold it. Three speeds in reverse:rolleyes:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
My B6000 had a reverser on it. But I sold it because some guy from the city held out a big pile of cash. All kidding aside, these tractors are a joy to work on.And you don't need that many tools. 17mm,14mm,12mm these three sizes go a long way on the small kubota's. It seems like you are making good progress already. Keep us posted.:cool:

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
One part at a time......:(
Today I was moving some wood rounds to split, to heavy to pick up for me but my B6000 no sweat and I lost the Key so I hope I can find another one or do you have to replace the switch??:confused:

Just a few more small jobs then I'll park it for my winter project which may last through Spring and Summer is the prices aren't right...:eek:

But this little guy just keeps running. Hey I was just reading Gregg post on his new B6000 and can you still find tillers and brushers for these type of PTO's that work? Well maybe after I replace what is missing the I can buy some toy's for my B6000....;)

Jerry