Bucket Pallet Forks

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Just got these in

http://stores.palletforks.com/-strs...lamp on Pallet Forks:HD Clamp on Pallet Forks

The weather of course is not going to comply for me to get them on today, plus I still have just a bit more to do on my complete maintenance run through..

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10245

I am going to finish the maintenance then give the forks a try, I have a ton of dead fall and some cutdown trees to move so I guess we will see if the forks work they way I am hoping..

A grapple would be even better but I priced one out and $3200 is just not in the budget this year..

Considering I have been using a logging chain and one of the ATV's to move much of this stuff for the past 2 years I am betting that this at least works as good, and hoping for better :)

Will get some pics up while I get them mounted and maybe try for a vid of using them.. I am planning on using Chain and Binders also on this, since they have the built in attacments..

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Becaeful with those, if you over load the forks you could bend the crap out of the bottom lip of your bucket.

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Eric I have read that warning at least 20 times since I started looking at the forks...
I have also done multiple searches for a pic of a bent bucket, caused by clamp on forks, I haven't been able to find a pic yet, or even an actual post where somebody said it happened..
I have found a few posts where people have over-stressed the forks and bent them, I have found post where people have said the FEL won't lift a load that is less then the max cap because of the extended length (makes sense as this is just physics)

Keep in mind I am not saying it isn't possible, as it makes sense, but I just haven't found proof yet.. I found one pic of a JD with a QuikAttach dedicated Pallet lift that looks like it is pulling the pin loose...

Of course I plan on starting slow and easy with the lifts to see what the tractor can handle with this set up..

If there is a thread/post/pic of problems with these I would love to see them so I can be even more careful...
TIA

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
The new Forks are on Tried them out on three different loads..

First was my box blade a Bush Hog SBX600 that weighs in at just #500 lifted that with no issues and no blade on the back :)

Next I tried a bunch of very long downed tres which took a bit of figuring out, I had to shift the point of carry twice for balance between the trunks and the stumps.. Once I got in the right spot I did ok..

Last was a pretty good sized section of trunk and a root ball, I made a mess everywhere but it handled it easily. I would guess the trunk at 12 inches..

Here are the pics of the mount, and the roll back 2x4's that I put in, they are 4' high

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
A grapple would be even better but I priced one out and $3200 is just not in the budget this year
Palletforks.com sells a grapple rake bucket for$1100 shipped. I will be buying one soon. I've priced out adding a front remote on the FEL for about $350 doing the work myself.

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
This is my Primary function for this set up, when I limb the trees around the property I can just toss them on here and move them easily..

I was stretching a logging chain out across the ground then carefully stacking up the pile, wrapping the chain around the pile while basically laying on it, then dragging the whole thing down the road behind one of the ATV's then having to reverse the whole process..

Today I just set the bucket at waist high near the trees, cut the branches and tossed them on.. No muss, no fuss, and no trail of branches down the road, cut the time in less then half..

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I use mine the same way, they work great for tops, limbs, etc.

Forks are about the most handy attachment for the $$ that you can get in my opinion. I don't buy into the bent bucket risk too much unless maybe the newer tractors are a lot more powerful in the lift department and the buckets are built out of lighter sheet stock these days.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I don't buy into the bent bucket risk too much unless maybe the newer tractors are a lot more powerful in the lift department and the buckets are built out of lighter sheet stock these days.
I agree. My hydraulics will stall before I get anywhere near bending the bucket.

Attachments