Bucket forks

Alderman

Mar 10, 2019
The forks worked well as a log lift. Getting the wood off the ground helps my old back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Nice not having to be bent over all day to cut eh?

I had to get the same thing, as my B2620 didn't come with ss quick attach. So I got the clamp on forks too.

They work well for many things. Only drawback is when using to pick up a pallet you have limited visibility to the ground.

I don't know what kind of weight I have lifted with them with logs, but I did unload a 534 pound crate with a wood splitter in it off my trailer and carried it around to the back of my house.

Attachments

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
One of my most utilized attachments is the pallet forks.
Lumber, Timber, Rocks and the list goes on.
Save the Lower Back..

(Sorry, do not know why pic went sideways, literally)

Attachments

Last edited:

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I keep hearing that, but hasn't bent my bucket lip yet.

Pretty much all the new tractors have ss qa now, so next one I will have "real" forks.

But these got me by on my B2620.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I have these forks too, and the other night I moved a pallet with over 1000lbs of metal track about 500 feet. Even with the backhoe on, she was very light in the back so I didn't lift it more than a foot, but I fully expected the forks to break or bend, or the bucket to bend - no problems there at all. I did have to reinforce some welds on the forks since I broke them the first time I used them, but no problems since.

tx1afan

Equipment
L3800HST
May 26, 2019
Brackettville, Texas, USA
I know this thread is a year old, but I will try to revive it instead of starting a new one.

I bought and use these forks on my L3800HST with the LA 524 loader. Been using them for about 4 years and I have bent the bottom of my bucket. Does anybody know if this bent bucket can be repaired and if so, how? Thanks!!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Problem is, with a Kubota you have several choices in buckets but most people get the lighter utility bucket (because they don't know and the dealer don't tell them)... and at some point the lower sheet will bend

My units all have the heavy duty buckets.

The issue with a deformed lower sheet 'U' shaped from deformation is, the only way to correct it is cut out the lower sheet and replace it as well as the cutting edge and at today's labor rates and materials cost, would probably be better to buy a new bucket...cheaper and refrain from using clamp on bucket forks, which in reality are fine for light duty stuff but not meant for weight carrying.

I run a double round bale spear (clamp on) on my buckets and never had an issue and with 2 rounds out front I bet the combined weight is at least 2800 pounds.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
My old bucket had a smile in the lower lip when I bought it and I can't say that the clamp on forks have made it noticeably worse. I was worried about that and will reinforce the bucket when I fix it.

The forks can really use a gusset on the spine to secure the upper "clamp" arm as that is where mine broke.