Brush hog land pride

JTractor

Equipment
L2501 HST
May 16, 2020
San Diego
Hey guys.
Just got my LP RCR 1260 brush hog.I am trying to hook it up to my QH 15 LP quick hitch.I can get everything together just fine but when I lower the cutter it seems to bind and starts to bend the long Orange arm that attaches the floating hitch towards the gear box.I of course stop it but it looks like something is binding and I cant figure it out?
Any ideas out there, much appreciated.

I have the quick hitch leveled and straight ( top link/pin with lower pins vertical above).

Attachments

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
USA
In first photo your top link is 'maxed out'. The top link should have some space in it like this below, this allows it to float. Something is not right on your set up.

Is the vertical part of the hitch sitting vertically when the RCR is level?

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
My guess is one or both of the long bars are bolted to tight at the deck. They need to be loose to allow the mower to follow ground contour. You don't want the mower to be a rigid extension of the tractor. Rear wheel of the mower has to be able to raise/lower over the hills & valleys as you pass over them. The lower 2 arms set the height & act as the pivot axis. The top link, while fixed on the QH as mounted to the trator, has the ability to allow this movement.

You might notice on older mowers had a cable or chain instead of bars. This allowed the movement of the mower.

Also, I think those 2 ears on the top link of the mower are on backwards. Look like a guide to make the hook of QH easier to line up. I have same mower, but not those ears.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
USA
I agree with Cliff, when these are too tight it starts having all kinds of issues, rough engagement too. Some of the fasteners during assembly need to be loose enough to allow movement. (its been too long since i set mine up to recall which ones exactly but it's in the book)

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Good call B737. I missed that.

I too have the QH15. I have it set up with just a few degrees of backward tilt. Mostly to keep the locking handles from hitting the tail lights when unlocked and hitch raised all the way up.

Mechanical Type

Equipment
Mx5200 8' scrape, 7'Box, 6' hog, Grapple, forks
May 17, 2020
Country Living
they always seem to screw this up. The bolts holding the black cast piece and all of that top part together need to be loose enough to pivot. These should be held together with a nylon locknut instead of a washer and a nut. This is just poor assembly by the dealer or the manufacturer. Good on you for noticing, I didn't notice until they delivered my tractor and bent these bars unloading the tractor off the flatbed.