Broke down again

modeladay

Equipment
Sold B7100 and purchased a B2150 with FEL
Mar 25, 2016
Lincolnton, GA
It seems that I'm on a quest to change every seal every where. This time its the power steering. The column is full of hydro oil.

Attachments

Boo

Equipment
MX5800; BH92, BB2572, Forks 3048
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
It seems that I'm on a quest to change every seal every where. This time its the power steering. The column is full of hydro oil.
Since this tractor is over 20 years old, are you doing a restoration? I really would hope that a tractor will go 20 years without failing seals, but then; it doesn't work that way with some hydraulics. How many hours are on this machine?

modeladay

Equipment
Mar 25, 2016
Lincolnton, GA
Since this tractor is over 20 years old, are you doing a restoration? I really would hope that a tractor will go 20 years without failing seals, but then; it doesn't work that way with some hydraulics. How many hours are on this machine?
No, don't have the patience or skill to do a complete restoration:) I want and need a functioning tractor. The tractor had 900 hours on it when I bought it, after a year it now has 1050 or so. My thoughts are that it was used a lot in its young life but may than have sat quite a bit???

Other wise I love this thing, my back really appreciates it. I am now waiting on parts and I hope they get here before forget how to put it back together. :rolleyes:

modeladay

Equipment
Mar 25, 2016
Lincolnton, GA
My steering has always flopped around I Assumed something was wore out in the steering box. But I found this on the steering shaft, it looks like A bit of hillbilly engineering ,somebody welded the two pieces together and I don't believe the bottom piece is OEM. It doesn't fit snugly and it wobbles around I did manage to shape it up a bit and it's better now. I was going to buy a new shaft but at $140 I'll put up with the flopping around:)

Attachments

Last edited:

Firetruck

Equipment
b2150
Feb 27, 2015
Bartlett, Tn,
My steering has always flopped around I Assumed something was wore out in the steering box. But I found this on the steering shaft, it looks like A bit of hillbilly engineering ,somebody welded the two pieces together and I don't believe the bottom piece is OEM. It doesn't fit snugly and it wobbles around I did manage to shape it up a bit and it's better now. I was going to buy a new shaft but at $140 I'll put up with the flopping around:)
That is OEM. Mine is exactly like it. The roll pin should have been held in with a pin through the center of it and the end spreads out. Then a spring under that.

I found this thread looking for answers to my problem...the seal just under that shaft won't stay in. The snap ring don't seem to be locking in to the groove very well.