Break in Period

rotaryjohn

Equipment
BX2380, FEL, LPBoxBlade, Piranha Tooth Bar
May 6, 2018
Ila, GA
Just took delivery yesterday and will just play around today on it to get used to everything. Is there any break in period required on the engine, and after a few hours on it anything that needs to be double checked.

propuckstopper

Equipment
GR2010, BX2380
Jan 10, 2018
Canada
Just took delivery yesterday and will just play around today on it to get used to everything. Is there any break in period required on the engine, and after a few hours on it anything that needs to be double checked.
I recently got the same tractor, and my owner's manual indicates a 50 hour engine break in.

Did you get an owner's manual with your unit? If not, I would call the dealer and request one.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
My L4060 manual is quite generic in its break in description. “Do not operate tractor at full speed for the first 50 hours”, don’t start or stop quickly, don’t run the engine faster than necessary, etc.
I have paid particular attention to warming up my machines, varying throttle, and not using full throttle for the first 50h. That said, I suspect operating a new Kubota with some common sense is more than adequate during break in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro