Brand New L3560 Hydraulic leak

MachAF

Jan 29, 2018
Seattle
Good Evening,

I recently purchased my first tractor a L3560 and it currently has 12 hours on it. The other day I walked out to find a puddle of hydraulic fluid underneath it. I did some troubleshooting and narrowed it down to two hoses. One hose along the front loader is wet and sticky, but no leak can be found. The other leak is the yellow hose on the main hydraulic connection by the fender. It appears to be leaking where the 90 degree fitting and nut connect. See photos. I removed the hose and looked it over and I can't find anything wrong with it (there might be a small imperfection on the inner threads right where the connection would meet but i'm not 100% sure...hard to get a photo). I put it back on and it still leaks.

I spoke with the dealer. They said bring it in. Ok fine, but a few issues. #1. They're 170 miles away. #2. I don't have a trailer.

I asked them if they could send two hoses and I'll fix it myself (I'm assuming the hose connection is the issue). Waiting on a response. Dealer also stated its difficult to warranty hoses, which I understand, but this is a brand new machine. It shouldn't leaking after 12 hours of very light usage.

There is a dealer closer 20 miles away, however again I don't have a trailer to haul it. I'm not sure how much effort they'll put into helping me since I didn't buy from them.

Looking for advice where to go from this point.

Does Kubota make warranty service calls for issues like this? Someone on TBN mentioned it as well as a friend.

Attachments

Last edited:

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Wait for response from dealer, a small leak won't stop the machine.
From your description my first guess is a bad crimp, but then your photos show leak from flare fitting. Could be bad crimp squirting up to flare?
If it's from the flare itself, check the 2 surfaces, if no damage, lay into it with a spanner. Could also be leaking behind the flare on the valve fitting. Wash it down with some degreaser, throw a handful of flour or talc over it, operate machine and see where the leak is/connfirm leak location, take pics, send to dealer, see what they come up with.
YMMV

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The leak you are pointing out is usually because the fitting is not tight enough, it's a flared fitting that seals with compression.

When you bought your tractor did you not expect to have to take it in if it needed work?
Why would you expect them to come to you for service?
If you bought a car would you expect them to come to to your home to work on it?

MachAF

Jan 29, 2018
Seattle
Wait for response from dealer, a small leak won't stop the machine.
From your description my first guess is a bad crimp, but then your photos show leak from flare fitting. Could be bad crimp squirting up to flare?
If it's from the flare itself, check the 2 surfaces, if no damage, lay into it with a spanner. Could also be leaking behind the flare on the valve fitting. Wash it down with some degreaser, throw a handful of flour or talc over it, operate machine and see where the leak is/connfirm leak location, take pics, send to dealer, see what they come up with.
YMMV
Thank you Sir. I appreciate the thoughtful reply. It think its an issue with the fitting itself.

Last edited:

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Thank you Sir. I appreciate the thoughtful reply. It think its an issue with the fitting itself.
The flare fitting, which one, end of hose or the one screwed into the valve. Are either damaged? Try and ascertain which part is damaged and get the dealer to send you a new one. Flare fittings can be done up VERY tight to get a seal, I don't have specs handy but you can generally hang one ring spanner off an openender to get some extra leverage to tighten. Flare nut wrenches are better than openenders if you have them.

MachAF

Jan 29, 2018
Seattle
Its the part in picture #3.

I have flare nut wrenches, I got them on tight, so I don't think its a tightness issues.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks for the snarky reply.

Well...I didn't think my tractor would need work at 12 hours..... And I planned on doing all the maintenance myself....Reason I bought a Kubota is because of reliability.... Maybe I should have bought a John Deere?

I actually bought my car 170 miles away as well. And yes, they will come tow it to the dealership to fix it while under warranty. So, to answer your terrible analogy, yes I actually would assume a tractor dealer would come picker up and tow her to get fixed. Just like the car dealer did... The car dealer did...so the tractor dealer must...RIGHT?

I like the other comments you made in the post you deleted.
Not trying to be "snarky" just was trying to understand if you expected them to drive that far to service it, and you do, OK.

Did you just assume they would come get it, or did you specifically ask "will you come get it when it needs repairs under warranty"?
I'm asking this because of pages 5 and 6 of the warranty guide.

https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/default-source/service/kubota_warranty9-6-16.pdf?sfvrsn=23fa01a7_0

I wouldn't expect to have to work on a new machine either, but it happens, be a Kubota or a John Deere.
Sorry you took offence to my questions

If it's leaking after tightening then yes it's possible a bad line of fitting, if the dealer won't come get it, Pull the line and fitting, take it to the dealer and have them evaluate it.

MachAF

Jan 29, 2018
Seattle
Thanks for the advice.

I apologize for interrupting your post incorrectly. Thats why I deleted my comment. I was over-reacting.

While typing this I got a phone call back.

Anyway good news. Local dealer said bring the hose in and they'll replace it. Hopefully my lucky day. :)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Count your blessings....Hoses, belts, clutch linings, transportation, tires, brake linings are excluded from warranty, in that little green/white booklet that comes with every tractor. Most people don't read it, or use it for toilet paper or something. I'm guilty too, BTW.

Now the bad part....dealer and/or Kubota likely gave you a goodwill. Question is, how many goodwill's do you get? ;)