Brand new bx2680 issue!

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
Check or replace the radiator cap. I know it's a long shot but a weak cap spring can cause coolant loss. They make kits that you can use the hand pump to pressurize the radiator and also to check the cap spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaentjens

Equipment
Bx2680
May 13, 2017
moodus
Check or replace the radiator cap. I know it's a long shot but a weak cap spring can cause coolant loss. They make kits that you can use the hand pump to pressurize the radiator and also to check the cap spring.

I was just thinking that for the reason while I was running it today I realized the air intake is right next to the cap. If its leaking a small amount it will definitely be sucked into the inlet!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
Be easy to check. Like in Sling Blade the movie where Karl is looking at a tiller that Scooter can't get going. "It ain't got no gas", always check the simple things first!

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Probably a dumb question as it sounds like you have checked everything, but have you ever checked the overflow tank when the engine is hot? Not after a cool down prior to shutting down, but jumping off the tractor while mowing and popping the hood for a quick check of the overflow tank level?

Chaentjens

Equipment
Bx2680
May 13, 2017
moodus
Yeah
It's about the same level as I started with.
It should be higher from engine heating up.
Mind you this is after running for an hour or so.

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
I've got a bx 2370-1 with 700 hrs and it has always used a bit of antifreeze. I have to add maybe a pint once every 6 mths. Took me awhile to find where my leaks. It seeps a bit from the weep hole on the water pump. It doesn't make any mess or anything like that on the motor or anything. I do know it comes from there because everynow and then I'll get a whiff of hot anitifreeze. The only way I found out where mine was leaking was that you can see the stain around the weep hole on the underside of the pump. I installed a cab and cab heater and put my return into the lower rad hose so when I was making up my fittings and hose connections I had to remove the lower rad hose and was able to really get a good look at the water pump. Its still under warrenty untill next spring and really for the amount of fliud loss that I have I'am not to concerned about it. Sometimes the mechanical seal on the pump shaft just doesn't seal quite right, be it on cars , trucks etc;

Chaentjens

Equipment
Bx2680
May 13, 2017
moodus
I kind of had an epiphany last night when I was looking at the tractor I had it running at 2700 rpm The air intake is right next to the radiator Cap .when I opened the cap while it was running a couple drops fell off the cap ,the drops immediately Got sucked into the inlet. The cap is a cheesy Chinese unit if it is leaking at all I would never know because the intake was instantly sucking it in. I ordered a new stant cap. I will see if this changes anything.

geoff

Equipment
b2410 tractor, FM90 topper,RS1200 cultivator,bearcat 4 inch chipper,b1610.
Jul 7, 2017
essex uk.
You could tape or tie a bit of cotton sheet on the water pump vent and round your rad cap, or hose fittings, run it hard for a day and check for staining.