Brake Out?

ThisIsNotaStep

Equipment
2005 bx23 tlb
Nov 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Hi Guys
Been lurking for a while, first post, I have a second hand 2007 BX23 TLB, unsure the hours, it was supposed to have 273, but various maintenance parts were marked as last service @ 485 hrs, so the hour meter was changed/disconected or rolled back. All in all I am very pleased with Kubby, it goes anywhere and does everything I ask of it and more. I noticed when adjusting brake pedal travel there wasn't much thread left on the adjusting rods. So, question, can the adjusting levers be wound up a little more, or do the disc and friction plates need changing? Pining for spring!

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Kubota had considerable trouble with instrument panel in the BX series tractors so many of them were changed on warranty. If you can get more brake action by adjusting the rods I'd go for it, you wouldn't be damaging anything that doesn't need replacement anyway if the brakes are worn out.
Ed

ThisIsNotaStep

Equipment
2005 bx23 tlb
Nov 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Thanks, that might explain the hour meter ..
As for the brake pedal travel ..
I did adjust the brake pedal travel, but there is no more thread left on the adjusting rod to to do so again ..
the adjusting rod connects to a "cam lever" that is spring loaded ..
can I simply disconect the rod from the cam, crank the cam lever 360 º, lengthen the rod and re-attach the two again?