Box Scaper or Blade?

Kub25D

Equipment
BX25d, Front Snowblower, boxblade
Oct 9, 2013
Kemptville, Ontario
Hello,

I am getting a new BX25D and from reading the forum I realized I would want weight on my back when using the front snow blower I am getting.

The dealer offered up a 'looks like new' Land Pride box scraper for $500 ($600 new). I figure if I need to buy something for weight it might as well do something.

My other main use would be for grooming my gravel driveway.

My question is: Would I be better to get a blade?

To be honest I think he is selling me the right implement but I thought it could not hurt to ask.

Any thoughts would be welcome. I still have time to change my mind.

So, why am I getting a TLB?

Two weekends ago I moved 22 tons of landscape stone and was no worse for wear on the Monday when they came to pick up the rented Kubota.

I thought about all the projects I could do and the following weekend walked into my local dealer and asked "what is the smallest tractor I can put a loader and back hoe on?"

I get my BX25D on the 19th.

I am going to take the day off work to play with it!

78-79fordman

Equipment
2013 m7040hd 2013 L3800HST 1969 MF135
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
It's hard one to tell because both different things . But a box blade will probley do everything ya want. I have both and now want a land plain . So that's about all I got .

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I have and use both. I use the rear blade in conjunction with my snowblower and FEL for snow removal and spreading gravel & such. I use the box scraper to maintain my drives. Both are very useful.

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I have the same set up as you and wanted a little weight on the back when I put the snowblower on so I went with the rear 5ft bade from Tractor Supply ill use it to drag the snow away from my garage/house area and I have a large parking area that's gravel ill use it maintain that area also

Kub25D

Equipment
BX25d, Front Snowblower, boxblade
Oct 9, 2013
Kemptville, Ontario
Thanks for the input.

It looks like I could use one or the other, or both.

I think I'll go with this for now and see if I need a blade in the future.

Thanks again.

Fallon

Equipment
L3200
Sep 10, 2013
Parker, CO
I got a back blade with my L3200 & have barely used it. I promptly got a box blade (was expecting that would be the case) & have been using the hell out of it digging out the buried back section of my barn (box blade works far better than the loader for that), grading the driveway and other stuff. The fact my box blade is 500lbs vs the 300lbs of the blade makes it superior ballast as well as getting better diggingg action (then add the ripper teeth & its in a different league).

I expect the blade will come into its own for snowplowing here in a few months though.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4