85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
"son of a gun" ? Really??

I would have had a few other words and I think I would have had the ol gun out!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
"son of a gun" ? Really??

I would have had a few other words and I think I would have had the ol gun out!
I noticed the restraint in language :p:p That's actually an offense depending on which state you live in resulting in fines and or jail time. Only ones able to harass a gator and get away with it are the Gator ranglers and hunters. Most likely he was too close to a nest if she was hissing like that.

Wonder how my gmc would have faired with the steel bumper instead of all that plastic :D

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Forrest Gump movie comes to mind - "Stupid is as stupid does"

Son of a gun......you idiot!!:p

Trust me, snow is THE perfect alligator repellent!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Occasionally I would have to run out to the wildlife refuge areas along the coast of florida. Used to work on equipment on a levy which on one side the water was about 2 foot from the road, the other usually had around 6 foot to the water. Would usually have at least a dozen gators within a stones throw from where I was working. :eek:

Only had one close call out there. Had some baby gators on the six foot side. Heard some croaking and splashing, and looked on the other side of the levy and there was momma. :eek: She was at least 12 foot long. Was unwrapping a fuel filter and had it go over the side where the babies were. Momma come flying up over that levy :eek: in about 1/2 a second I was sitting on top of the motor. Climbed over the equipment and sat in the bed of my service truck till momma went down to her babies, and headed down stream. Then finished up the service.

It wasn't unusual to see over 200 gators on any given day out there. Really freaky if your out there after dark. Shined a spot light out over the water and all I saw was orange eye balls everywhere :eek: Some times ignorance is bliss ;)

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
They run those airboat tours at night through the everglades.

You won't find me on one of them.

:)