Boom Lever Assembly L3940

rjwa749

Equipment
L3940 Grand w/frt snowblower
Nov 27, 2010
Cle Elum
My tractor is 6 years old with 465 hrs of snow blower use. I have an L2190 blower.

My boom lever failed for the third time this past week. Roughly every 150 hrs or so. While on warranty the dealer fabbed a brace on the part when it failed and we re-welded it the second time but this round we ordered a replacement. The best news is Kubota redesigned it to be a lot beefier. Ironically, the commercial snow company has the same tractor and his failed last week as well. I had gotten two replacement parts so I'd have a backup and loaned him one.

Part number is TD270-35482. Attached below in parts blow up see reference #90. Second pic shows difference of old part on right to the new one. Third pic is installed lever through access hole behind right rear wheel (wheel removed).

I think the blower coming out of float position has been my issue. Seems to come out pretty harshly. May need to have it checked or swing by a dealer and try another tractor.

Attachments

Last edited:

waitn4u

Dec 18, 2010
Pacific NW
My tractor is 6 years old with 465 hrs of snow blower use. I have an L2190 blower.

My boom lever failed for the third time this past week. Roughly every 150 hrs or so. While on warranty the dealer fabbed a brace on the part when it failed and we re-welded it the second time but this round we ordered a replacement. The best news is Kubota redesigned it to be a lot beefier. Ironically, the commercial snow company has the same tractor and his failed last week as well. I had gotten two replacement parts so I'd have a backup and loaned him one.

Part number is TD270-35482. Attached below in parts blow up see reference #90. Second pic shows difference of old part on right to the new one. Third pic is installed lever through access hole behind right rear wheel (wheel removed).

I think the blower coming out of float position has been my issue. Seems to come out pretty harshly. May need to have it checked or swing by a dealer and try another tractor.
Hello, I have the same problem on my L3240 HSTC, with 440hrs, could you give me any tips on replacing the assy., parts needed other then the assy. lever, and difficulty of repair, glad to see it can be accessed thru the wheels inner fender.

rjwa749

Equipment
L3940 Grand w/frt snowblower
Nov 27, 2010
Cle Elum
Hello, I have the same problem on my L3240 HSTC, with 440hrs, could you give me any tips on replacing the assy., parts needed other then the assy. lever, and difficulty of repair, glad to see it can be accessed thru the wheels inner fender.
Pretty straight forward. You can see the piece below the rubber boot. Make sure it isn't just a loose cable coupling. If it's the part, pull the rear wheel and access through inspection panel. Nothing difficult.

Reactions: 1 user