Big Ask -- Long Post -- looking for specs on a Kubota spacer for a driveshaft in a Kubota M2684 snowblower

jkahan

Equipment
KX057-5, M5040, B3200HSD, RTV, ZD1211-60
Dec 26, 2013
vt
Hi folks - here's a big ask and a fairly long post .....

I am hoping someone has an M2684 snowblower (like mine) or model with the same driveshaft spacer.... I am looking for the dimensions of the drive shaft spacer (a photo would be awesome as well).

Here's some more info...

I have a 2018 Kubota M2684 (3pt 84" snowblower) -has been rock solid (except for some shear bolts that seem to break when I run over my kids and pets) until the other night, when...

In addition to a failed drive shaft shear bolt, the end of the driveshaft snapped. It appears that a weld failed inside the auger drive cog. Consequently the driveshaft dropped out of the blower and the spacer is gone. The driveshaft coupler (gearbox side) was also damaged.

Have ordered all the parts I am going to need(new drive shaft, couplers, etc) except the spacer is back-ordered nationwide -- with no ETA.

The spacer sits on the end of the driveshaft so that the drive shaft cog (that spins the auger chain) has the correct stand-off from the inside of the snowblower casing. I believe this spacer also helps the driveshaft from sliding / dropping out when the driveshaft shear bolt breaks,

Kubota part# for the spacer is 70060-02553. In the diagram below, the spacer is part#120.
I've also included a photo of the cog end of the driveshaft and the piece that came unwelded from the cog (this is the piece that holds the spacer).

I am going to fab up my own spacer - I know what the id (inside diameter) needs to be (driveshaft appears to be 1 1/8" in diameter) and have read that length is 1 3/16" -- Kubota also lists it as 1 3/32" in length. Curious as to what the OD is. Would love dimensional confirmation as to diameter and length.

Thanks.

Josh
gearbox and connecting axle diagram copy.jpg

390 p03 broken drive shaft auger drive side 77700-01624.jpg

broken drive shaft piece p02.jpg

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The blower was made by either LandPride or Rad Tech in Canada. I would contact either or both of them and explain the problem. They might send you a copy of the engineering drawing of the part for you to make since it is presently unobtainable through normal Kubota channels. I can check with a local dealer to see if they might have one in stock. I know that they stock a lot of parts.

jkahan

Equipment
Dec 26, 2013
vt
The blower was made by either LandPride or Rad Tech in Canada. I would contact either or both of them and explain the problem. They might send you a copy of the engineering drawing of the part for you to make since it is presently unobtainable through normal Kubota channels. I can check with a local dealer to see if they might have one in stock. I know that they stock a lot of parts.
thanks so much for your quick reply,

jkahan

Equipment
Dec 26, 2013
vt
For $7.06 plus shipping, I wouldn't bother to make my own.
correct - except nobody has the darn spacer. Am hoping someone with an M2684 or similar model can confirm dimensional matters.

jkahan

Equipment
Dec 26, 2013
vt
quik googling....

says it's 1 3/16" long....

still looking ,as I'm curious like my cat..

possible same ??
thanks for the info - I've already contacted these folks - no one has the spacer but am pretty sure the 1 3/16" is the correct length..... Am probably overthinking this crap but having this implement fail is a major headache for me (but luckily not for long as mud season is almost here -- Vermont). thanks again.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'm wondering if a section of 'black iron pipe' could be used as the 'spacer' ? Yeesh , $10 part can't be too complicated..hmm.. maybe a cat1-cat2 conversion bushing ?? Options and think 'outside the box' aka what do I here that I can use ??
Hopefully you'll get it 'up and running' PDQ , cause I'm sick of this lingering snow and cold here in Ontario..
Today is 'green beer day' and 3 days it's SPRING...

jkahan

Equipment
Dec 26, 2013
vt
I'm wondering if a section of 'black iron pipe' could be used as the 'spacer' ? Yeesh , $10 part can't be too complicated..hmm.. maybe a cat1-cat2 conversion bushing ?? Options and think 'outside the box' aka what do I here that I can use ??
Hopefully you'll get it 'up and running' PDQ , cause I'm sick of this lingering snow and cold here in Ontario..
Today is 'green beer day' and 3 days it's SPRING...
all good advice - thanks -- I have black pipe and cat 1 and cat 2 bushings; thanks

jkahan

Equipment
Dec 26, 2013
vt
just wanted to thank everyone again for their suggestions with my snowblower drama -- all parts arrived just in time for mud season; fyi - simplest substitute for this Kubota spacer is a CAT2-CAT3 lift Arm bushing (1 1/8" ID and 1 7/16" OD) -- cut down to spacer length of 1 3/16"