BH77 not attaching properly

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
So I went to install the BH77 on the mount like I've done many times before, and the right side "hoe-to-subframe" pin just would not line up. Left side went in, but with some "persuasion". Tried moving arm up and down, outriggers up and down, bucket curled and un-curled. swing a little left and right, nothing helped. Hadn't used it harshly enough to bend anything, nor did it get dropped when removing the unit last time. Started to take it off to repeat the process (definition of insanity here?) when I noticed the rubber plug from the hydraulic line (removed when the hose was connected to the BH77 from the tractor) had managed to get trapped between the lower guide pin and the corresponding bracket on the subframe. Removed the left side pin, lifted the hoe a little, and retrieved the offending rubber plug and tether. Non-survivable encounter for the plug. No other damage other than to my pride. Of course, the dog was watching me with a "you idiot" look on her face......... shoulda connected the cap and plug back together. That's what they're there for!

Reactions: 1 users

Dwight Bremer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4060 HSTC, LA805, L2195A, BH92, .5TBB, PF, 12K TAT,
May 16, 2021
Hardwick, MN
So I went to install the BH77 on the mount like I've done many times before, and the right side "hoe-to-subframe" pin just would not line up. Left side went in, but with some "persuasion". Tried moving arm up and down, outriggers up and down, bucket curled and un-curled. swing a little left and right, nothing helped. Hadn't used it harshly enough to bend anything, nor did it get dropped when removing the unit last time. Started to take it off to repeat the process (definition of insanity here?) when I noticed the rubber plug from the hydraulic line (removed when the hose was connected to the BH77 from the tractor) had managed to get trapped between the lower guide pin and the corresponding bracket on the subframe. Removed the left side pin, lifted the hoe a little, and retrieved the offending rubber plug and tether. Non-survivable encounter for the plug. No other damage other than to my pride. Of course, the dog was watching me with a "you idiot" look on her face......... shoulda connected the cap and plug back together. That's what they're there for!

When you get old you can characterize these unexpected occurrences as "senior moments". When a person is younger they are more aptly call "poop happens".

Why is it bad to call poop the "s" word when it is the same exact thing?

Reactions: 1 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
When you get old you can characterize these unexpected occurrences as "senior moments". When a person is younger they are more aptly call "poop happens".

I share your phrase there, I am always trying to have a backup plan! Especially when the outcome may be in doubt. Like a plumbing repair.

Bill

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

Stuff happens...I guess that might be the S word? :ROFLMAO:

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
You wont do it again thats for sure!

Geez I said that when my rops hit the garage door, but........ :rolleyes:

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Update: The rubber plug survived! And I plugged it into the cap where it's supposed to be! Yep - stuff happens!