BH77 has me worried

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Due to the unusually warm and nice weather today, I decided to give the Kubota a bath. Used a wash rag so I was closer to it than with the usual 'spray off and be done' approach.

As I was washing the backhoe platform and mount, I noticed what you see in the pictures (looks worse in person). It appears that both sides of the mount bracket, the part the pins insert through, have the welds failing where they meet the hoe structure. These are right behind your feet as you are operating it. On closer inspection, the welds appear to be somewhat porous in places...almost like a mig weld that ran out of shielding gas. Should I be worried? I can't imagine the paint would crack apart if the weld isn't. How can I know for sure?

The tractor has 140 hours on it. Maybe 30 of these were using the hoe. All easy trenching or repairing field tile in rockless Indiana clay. Absolutely no abuse has occurred. It is stored in a concrete floored pole building.

I received a notice in November that my warranty expired so I guess I'm probably on my own. If they let go, the outcome could be very bad.
I'll probably discontinue use until I can get ahold of my dealer. Frustrating because I usually repair tile in February. Curious if any others have had this issue.

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I can tell you right now,there isnt a kubota dealer that will repair that. They will will change the part. And there wouldnt be a decent welder in your average dealership anyways.

Seeing as its on your dime,take it to a welding shop, 3 or 4 welding rods and its better than new.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
It looks to me like silicon from the welds causing the paint to seperate. The intervals in between the 'cracks' are what lead me to believe this is the case. Usually when welds crack, there will be at least one continuous crack, which I'm not seeing. I'd keep an eye on it, though.