Best Place for Tires in Canada

brunswick000

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Feb 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Im in Ontario, Canada and im looking for some turf tires. Anyone have any suggestions about the best place to get them from? Not picky on brand, and lowest price doesn't hurt. Tractor won't see any "extreme" work. Its an L245DT taking 5-15, and 11.2-24

Any help is appreciated

brunswick000

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Feb 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The L-245DT rolled the assembly line riding on 7x16's up front and 11.2 x 24's in the rear

What's on the front of your L-245DT now for a tire size, because if it's a 500 x 15, something ain't right!
You're right. On further inspection ive got just as you stated above. They're all different brands too. One Goodyear in the rear, a Firestone on the front, some other brand I cant make out do to tire wear, and what appears to be an original on one front. Yikes to that.

The Goodyear in the rear clearly has a tube in it and the overall condition is the best of the 4. The rim around the valve stem is somewhat corroded so that I can actually see the tube. Fixable with removal of the tire I suppose. Its also a 6 ply tire. Thinking of just getting another rear to match it as it looks faIrly new. And also the front, despite being different are in good condition

That would be the cheapest solution for now. But, are others hear with this tractor, L245DT, using turfs? And if so what ones, and did you have to swap rims too? Seeing that winter is basically over here now it wont see much work for the summer other then grading the laneway soo im m not real concerned. However when I start using it and driving across the lawn those agri tires are gonna leave some marks.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
I started cutting the grass 1/2 inch taller when I got the Kubota, you don't even notice the marks from those ags on my lawn. :) By B7100 is a bit lighter though.

Last edited: