Best FEL attachment for digging

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
I put a Pirahna on my BX a week after I bought it... and it's never been off. It makes it a great little digger, and protects the bucket. I've done everything from rip up shrubs and even excavated for a playground at my kid's school. (so there was a pit for the mulch)

Martin092009

Equipment
MX5800
Jun 17, 2017
Georgetown, KY
Love mine. Turns my MX5200 into a monster [emoji106][emoji106]

how long of a tooth bar did you order? Also a fan of those ROP lights...did you install them or have someone? I was planning to have lights installed facing backward for using the backhoe, but now I'm thinking of having forward facing ones added as well. I thought getting accessories for my truck was addicting but it looks like the tractor can be just as bad.

Last edited:

Grizzy3901

Equipment
L3901hst, la525, 72" landpride finish mower
Jan 1, 2017
Bealeton va
I welded skid steer sharks and teeth on my bucket. Once you but a tooth bar on chances are your never going to take it off so I just welded away

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
I have the pirahna bar and I also have a set of clamp on forks.
to use the forks I'm going to have to remove the bar. two bolts a few minutes, no big deal, but the bar won't be welded on.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
how long of a tooth bar did you order? Also a fan of those ROP lights...did you install them or have someone? I was planning to have lights installed facing backward for using the backhoe, but now I'm thinking of having forward facing ones added as well. I thought getting accessories for my truck was addicting but it looks like the tractor can be just as bad.
For my MX5200 I ordered 70-1/4". I think I should have ordered 70-1/2".

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
For my MX5200 I ordered 70-1/4". I think I should have ordered 70-1/2".
Do you really think an eighth inch too short on each end will make much of a difference when you go to bolt it in? Something has got to give that much or a washer.....?

Now you get it an eighth inch too tight it would be a tad more difficult to get bolted in and removed.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
There is a way to measure per the website for the Piranha Toothbar, follow those recs and you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forvols

Jan 28, 2017
Hawkins county TN
I just got my piranha bar. L2501 bucket inside measurement was 64.25" . So that's what I ordered. Bar fits like a glove got less than 1/8 clearance on each side. So I'm happy. Its heavy, good welds, sharp, beefy. Now aint done any work with it yet. But out the box on the tractor its a good'un.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
I just got my piranha bar. L2501 bucket inside measurement was 64.25" . So that's what I ordered. Bar fits like a glove got less than 1/8 clearance on each side. So I'm happy. Its heavy, good welds, sharp, beefy. Now aint done any work with it yet. But out the box on the tractor its a good'un.

You do the drilling yourself? Easy chore for a basic guy (me) who can do pretty much all handiwork at home? I did order the drill bit.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Do you really think an eighth inch too short on each end will make much of a difference when you go to bolt it in? Something has got to give that much or a washer.....?

Now you get it an eighth inch too tight it would be a tad more difficult to get bolted in and removed.
I had too much gap and had trouble getting both bolts started.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
I had a gap larger than 1/8 inch but was able to bend the wings outward by hitting them with a hammer. They are made of a steel that is softer than the teeth and bend easily.

Yep. The wings are made with that in mind. Sometimes the wings get pushed in during shipping. I think there's a YouTube video on the subject...somewhere.

BotaLoda

Equipment
BX2370, Loader w/tooth bar, MMM, sub soiler, 5' rake, rear ballast box, forks.
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
I was just about to start a new thread about how well the BX2370 dug today. There is another thread I started about my sub-soiler and it's WAY overkill, made for a full size tractor. 6"x1" main shank. Anyhow after a little trial and error I have it working excellent. I have hard dry clay with lots of rocks, quite a few a foot or so in length. 5 passes next to each other with the sub-soiler to get the width then the bucket with a tooth bar. I couldn't believe how much and how easy I was moving dirt with this little tractor. The sub soiler is the cat's meow. I still have to try smaller shear bolts in it until I get one to break. For now I just go slow as to not hurt anything. The dealer threw the sub soiler and the tooth bar in the deal, but from what I keep reading, I'm really thinking of getting a Pirahna, especially for tearing out small trees and brush. Still again I'll say the sub-soiler kicks butt! Oh, also for the sub soiler, out of some angle iron, sharpening one edge then bolting it in place of the normal cutting tooth, it cuts through roots that I couldn't budge before. A happy tractor day for me.

Martin092009

Equipment
MX5800
Jun 17, 2017
Georgetown, KY
I was just about to start a new thread about how well the BX2370 dug today. There is another thread I started about my sub-soiler and it's WAY overkill, made for a full size tractor. 6"x1" main shank. Anyhow after a little trial and error I have it working excellent. I have hard dry clay with lots of rocks, quite a few a foot or so in length. 5 passes next to each other with the sub-soiler to get the width then the bucket with a tooth bar. I couldn't believe how much and how easy I was moving dirt with this little tractor. The sub soiler is the cat's meow. I still have to try smaller shear bolts in it until I get one to break. For now I just go slow as to not hurt anything. The dealer threw the sub soiler and the tooth bar in the deal, but from what I keep reading, I'm really thinking of getting a Pirahna, especially for tearing out small trees and brush. Still again I'll say the sub-soiler kicks butt! Oh, also for the sub soiler, out of some angle iron, sharpening one edge then bolting it in place of the normal cutting tooth, it cuts through roots that I couldn't budge before. A happy tractor day for me.
That makes a lot of sense. I will have to look into it. Do you have any pictures of yours?

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Posted my Piranha elsewhere but thought it would be good here, too.

It is as badass as it looks - I just love seeing that mean looking front end!