Battery holder

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I would suggest that you go to the Kubota corporate site and search through the parts manual for your tractor to see what is missing.

Here is the web site for the illustrated parts list.

http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx

If that does not work go to Kubota.com, parts, illustrated parts list and then select "agree" and Open. Type in the model "B7100" and then you will get a selection of manuals.

Choose the proper one and then select the area of interest.

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
I've done that with no luck. I just may need to fabricate one top brace while using the universal mount hardware from the auto parts store.

James Williams

Equipment
B7100, brush hog
Oct 15, 2010
Dallas, Texas
There was no battery holder on my B7100 when I bought it either. I checked online one time and what looks like a small piece of angle iron cost $30. I will try to attach a picture from the pdf parts manual I downloaded.

James

Attachments

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Cable or 'zip' ties make great battery hold-downs.

Loop from tray or something handy up one side of battery and tighten to orient into the position you want. Cheap, easy.

I use really heavy long ones up from each side looped to the top and then cross the top with a couple of light weight ties looped double.

The 'little' ties are two cents each and easily cut twice a year to check electrolyte level, leaving the 'expensive' (two bits each) monster ties on each side intact and inplace to be reused.

Black seem to last better than white or colored.

Same thing works great in beat up old farm trucks whose battery trays were last seen sometime around 1980.

chetcromer

Equipment
1981 Kubota B7100 4WD
Thanks guys. I appreciate the link to the Kubota parts page and the real-life pics you provided; I for some reason didn't think to look in my service manual, but even if I did, I think going the home-made route is going to be the way to go.

I'm still new to this world. Thanks again.

jcansler

Feb 6, 2011
Texas
There is an angle iron tie down with a long bolt at each end to tighten and hold the battery tight. I no longer have my B7100 but if I remember correctly the angle iron piece was about 3/8 x 3/8 wide and about 1/16 thick that ran the width of the battery. It had a hole in each end for the hold down bolts bolts and it fit across the back side of the battery, not across the middle. It would be really easy to fabricate with a short piece of angle iron and a piece of all thread rod. The picture James posted is exactly what you are looking for. If you can't find the hold down kit it would be very easy to make one yourself as I said. Good Luck...

Joe