Ball hitch on grapple

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
Anyone have ideas on how to adapt a ball hitch to a grapple? I have the grapple on most of the time, and it would be so handy if I could use it to move trailers around. Right now I loop a chain over one of the grapple tines, but don't like the loose connection with the trailer on soft or uneven ground. Need some brainstorming help, thanks!

-- Carl

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Don't know if Grapple is strong enough to pull on..... cause I'm clueless, not cause they may not be strong enough.....

if they are.. could see a scrap steel pipe.. tree sized with a couple things welded too it to keep from sliding left, right; fore and back, inside grapple's teeth after grabbing it ...... and of course a trailer ball welded to that same steel pipe.

hmm... maybe a stand on it too so it is like a saw horse ready to lower trailer hitch onto.... then grab it and move trailer to desired location?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you want it permanent just weld a receiver tube to the grapple. ;)

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
Don't know if Grapple is strong enough to pull on..... cause I'm clueless, not cause they may not be strong enough.....

if they are.. could see a scrap steel pipe.. tree sized with a couple things welded too it to keep from sliding left, right; fore and back, inside grapple's teeth after grabbing it ...... and of course a trailer ball welded to that same steel pipe.

hmm... maybe a stand on it too so it is like a saw horse ready to lower trailer hitch onto.... then grab it and move trailer to desired location?
I kind of like the idea of something the grapple can pick up and "bite" to use. You've got the lid right there, why not use it?

-- Carl

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Probably a failure of imagination on my part, but I can't picture a place to weld it on that wouldn't be in the way for some other task.

-- Carl
Post a picture of your grapple and I'll show you! :D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well thats an easy one. :D

Tag it to the front of the top bar, or even to the bottom of the top bar.

Then if you need it lower insert this into the reciver tube.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Looks to be about the best spot. Then the shackle bar will be next, for chaining stuff to. Dont ever use a ball for anything but a trailer.

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
I know how much you guys like pictures, so here's the finished product. I moved it to one side because there was more structure to tie into. Works great, thanks for the suggestions!

-- Carl