Bad vibe on L2250, Hydraulic Pump?

Groo

Dec 23, 2010
MI's UP
I've got a bad vibe that seams to be coming from the hydraulic pump on a L2250.

Its what I assume is the supply hose going to the loader. the vibe is present when its just sitting and when moving the hydraulics in 1 direction, but goes away when moving them in the other,

everything seams to work, but I know that wont last long.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
From what you say, your hydraulics may be restricted. A pinched, kinked hose. Or the hoses may be hooked up wrong. Hydraulic filter plugged. Not much help but its the best I can think of.:eek Dusty

Groo

Dec 23, 2010
MI's UP
my first thought it might be the filter, maybe bypassing, but I can't think of what would possibly cause it to go away moving the hydraulics in 1 direction.

bucket or backhoe (most or all movements, not just 1 action), and still the same with the backhoe unhooked.

I guess I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

another thought; could it be a quick attach fitting failure? one fitting looks like it may be a bit leaky, but my gut tells me that is a symptom of the vibes, not the cause.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
I see you are from the U.P. of Mich. It is possible that one of the spool valves is being held slightly open do to some frozen moisture that has accummulated on the valve some where?

ETRon

Equipment
M6040
Aug 4, 2010
Tellico Plains, TN
Groo

Have to join in with L4750.... you don't mention if the problem has started since the cold-extremely cold temps you've been having up there lately. If you have it available put it into a warm/heated area and let it thaw out and see if the problem goes away... if so water in the hydraulic.

Groo

Dec 23, 2010
MI's UP
I think it was there before the temps dropped down real far. I'm not 100% sure if it was above or below freezing when I first noticed the problem.

I'd think a piece of ice would melt pretty quick in a flowing hydraulic system (all circuits move normally). It did get run long enough to warm up some and drive it to a new shed for the winter, and I think Dad ran it some other time for a bit after I told him to get it fixed first too. It took the vibes partially killing the key switch (takes a few tries to get it to kick over and I had to use the fuel cut-off to kill it the last couple of time it ran briefly), and more insisting, that got him to realize he can't run it like it is.