back hoe storage

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
I have my bx back hoe in storage in a corner of the barn & will be there for some time. Should i spray some sort of lube on the exposed cyl rods?

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I would wipe it down with what ever hydraulic oil you are using, probably sudt2. Mine sits on a bxpanded dolly. Also bought a cheap $20 large motorcycle cover to put over it. I have a pic in my album. Also got some better bungee’s to keep the legs up.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have my bx back hoe in storage in a corner of the barn & will be there for some time. Should i spray some sort of lube on the exposed cyl rods?
Doesn't hurt to do that, a dry lube is the best.
Another point is did you tie up the outriggers with a strap?
If you didn't they will fall over time.

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
Thanks everyone for the help. Didn't have any dry lube, so rubbed hydraulic SUDT on exposed cylinders, should hold for now. Already had a strap from before to tie the outriggers they have always leaked down after sitting for a short time. Going to HF & pick up a small tarp, have birds, etc in barn & they can make a mess of things if not covered. Up until recently BH has been used on a regular basis, but I have caught up on most of the stumps, now mostly all 3pt stuff. Thanks again.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Doesn't hurt to do that, a dry lube is the best.
Why is a dry lube best?

Another point is did you tie up the outriggers with a strap?
If you didn't they will fall over time.
I've read about this happening but I've never had it happen. These have been up for at least a month and probably at least a couple of months prior to that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
Has three hoses & plugs are in place. Even put small zip lock bags to keep out any dust, etc. I know over kill, but this old barn is very old & dusty, but it keeps the weather out & came with the property. With the prices of this equipment you can't be too careful.