B9200 tiller

Codi

Equipment
Kubota B9200D bush hog, finish mower, carry all, box blade
Jan 17, 2016
Northern Kentucky
Hi all!
I have recently inherited my beloved papaw's B9200 so I thought it would be a good idea to join a community that could offer potential support in the event I were to have questions (which I already have).
The first is that I am interested in getting a tiller for it but I am not sure what size I should get and what brand you all might recommend.

A little history on the tractor...
Papaw bought it new in 1989 and it was the first tractor I was on. My parents have a picture of him holding me on the tractor when I was 6 months old. So it is a centimental thing. As far as features.... It is 4WD, as I believe most of these were, with calcium filled ag tires with ROPS. I believe it is 22.5 hp as well. He maintained it maticulously and made excellent notes on what he did to it when he serviced it as wells as engine hours when it was performed and date.

Anyway... I am sure I will have more questions but we will start with the tiller one. Any thoughts?

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
It should pull a 4' tiller, no problem. If its HST, or has aux tranny, maybe wider...:D:D

Welcome to the forum...

FrozenInTime

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 25, 2015
ND
I have a newer version also 23 horses. I think it's 17 on the PTO but don't quote me on that. Mine spins a 50" and has never slowed down. My soil is maybe 30% clay. Last year I tilled a large plot that had not been worked over 40 years. Just to see what would happen if I sunk the tiller in deep instead of several passes, it sank right in, no bouncing or hesitation. I think you will be just fine up to 50". My tiller is Landpride.

notnew2diy

Jul 15, 2014
McHenry county, Il.
If you can, I would buy a tiller as wide as the tractor.

"calcium filled ag tires"....
Stay on top of any leaky tires, especially if CaCl was used.

Good luck with papaw's tractor...notnew...

npalen

Equipment
B9200
Feb 10, 2016
Beloit, KS
I'm running a 5 ft King Kutter tiller on the B9200 HSTD. Wouldn't want to go any larger but does handle it fairly well. Don't know how well it would work without hydrostat.

Last edited: