B8200 stuck in 4x4

PCweber

May 21, 2010
Lincoln, NE
I picked up a B8200 a few weeks ago. I notices the 4x4 selector lever linkage was not in place but it was in 4x4 and the 4x4 worked fine so I let it go. So I put a vice grip on the rotating part where the linkage connects to so as to try to put it out/ in 4x4 and it is stuck. Any ideas?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Since the front end is geared just a little higher than the rear is the 4WD is kind of in a bind a lot of the time. My tractor seems to come out of 4WD better if it is moving and I cut my wheels to the right. I never even try to take mine out with the wheels in a straight line. If it's to where you can you might try it that way and see if it works.

TractorWerx

Equipment
B2400, FEL, Woods tiller 5', 5' Box blade, 6' disc.
May 19, 2010
KY, McCracken Co
My B2400 is difficult to shift out of 4wd at times. I have founf if I back up a few feet it is much easier. Maybe this will help.
Reduces the torque windup condition and gives some slack. Sometimes I dont even need clutch.

Gardenprairie610

Equipment
B8200
Jun 9, 2010
Garden Prairie, Illinois
I have a B8200 as well. You might not have enough torque with just vise grips.

The lever (the one you are grabbing with the vise grips) rotates counter clockwise to take it out of 4WD. It points almost straight down when it's in 2wd.

Hope this helps.

PCweber

May 21, 2010
Lincoln, NE
Gardenprairie610, that is great info. I will get it up in the air and try it again sometime. Really not an reason to not have it in 4x4 as it does not seem to bind when turning on lawn but the linkage was off when I got it and assume they had an issue and broke it or somethign when trying to engage or take out of 4x4.