b8200, no temp gauge or light. How do you know if hot?

PCweber

May 21, 2010
Lincoln, NE
The B8200 I picked up 3 weeks ago has no temp gauge nor a idiot light for temp. Nothing in the manual talks about temp warnings, etc. Is it just not monitored?

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Welcome to OTT :)

Well, some systems have a screamer. At the end of the rubber hose coming from the top of the radiator there may be a metal tube that is litteraly a whistle. :eek:

Cheesy at best. :rolleyes:

If you want to see temps the best thing to do is install an electric temp guage kit. I put this one on my L175 when I built the engine back and I love seeing my temps. :D

The sender is mounted beside the upper radiator hose neck on the cylinder head to get the hotest temp readings.

Attachments

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
Yep, my b8200 doesn't have one either. I'll probably install an electric one as mentioned above. It bothers me not to know what my temp is.
Josh

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Aquaforce-- Was the water outlet drilled for the sending unit? I just installed an electric water temp gauge on my B7100. I purchased an adapter that let me splice into the upper radiator hose to install the sending unit. I guess I will feel a little silly if there was a plug for it that I did not see.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Aquaforce-- Was the water outlet drilled for the sending unit? I guess I will feel a little silly if there was a plug for it that I did not see.

No, there was not any provision for this in the tractor. The second pic shows where I drilled and pipe thread tapped a hole for the sender so it would read in the head near the point the water would exit and possibly show the hottest reading.