B7800 Tranny fluid choices

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
I've got a B7800, Tranny fluid seemed to get a bit low, so want to top it up. Previous owner used "Kubota"brand UDT fluid, but I`m not near a dealer and can`t seem to find anything labled ÙDT`. What else can I use. Do I need to do a complete change out, or just top off. Machine has 180 hours on it.
Thanks.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If you have a TSC near by they sell a universal trans/hyd fluid that will work. It's not the best fluid but it will work. Most any auto parts will carry a universal fluid, fuel / oil distributor will have fluid that will work. Just look at the specs but nearly every universal fluid you find will work for UDT, just don't expect it to perform the same.

If you're not in a hurry you can order Kubota fluid from Coleman Equipment and have it shipped to you. More than likely your local dealer will do the same, mine will. Hope this helps.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Just remembered seeing some UDT fluid for sale in the BUY, SELL, TRADE section. Might want to send him a msg.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Being that he's in Canada it would be cost prohibitive for him to have oil shipped to him. ;)
I don't know what the Canadian equivalent to Tractor Supply is but, find a local tractor store and ask them, New Holland oil is the same makeup and cheaper, and there is also generic UDT equivalent versions out there.