B7800 Speed control will not return to center spring? Dampner

Speedybon

Jun 22, 2019
Arroyo Grande
I have a B-7800, and the speed control will not center. If I cycle pedal and it will not return to center it back and forth. I am thinking it the spring on top or damper. How hard is it to remove the floor to inspect the spring? And could I remove the damper a diagnose it(like a Shock )? The spring does not look broken, but I have had other springs fail.

Speedybon

Jun 22, 2019
Arroyo Grande
Well, sprayed the heck of the linkage with W-D 40, and it seems to have cured the concern. I remove the mat, and it looks like you have to drill the plates to get to the top of the transmission. Any help would be appreciated.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Well, sprayed the heck of the linkage with W-D 40, and it seems to have cured the concern. I remove the mat, and it looks like you have to drill the plates to get to the top of the transmission. Any help would be appreciated.
The linkage is only accessible from the side or underneath the tractor, some components are only removable by separating the tractor.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
From what I have often read, WD40 is not really a great lubricant and so perhaps you should consider using something with better lubrication properties for long term protection.