B7800 Leaking Hose - Need Help Please

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Those hoses are shown in the LA 402 front end loader parts list available free HERE Towards the end of the parts list the starting on PDF page 37 they show hydraulic block parts by serial numbers, make sure you look at the one for your serial number.

Brick Axelrod

Equipment
L5460, BH92, RCR1872, FDR2572.RTVX1100c
Apr 12, 2018
South Carolina
I would personally take that hose off and go to he local Napa or decent parts store in your area and have them make you a new one. Probably save you a bit of cash. If you have a hydraulic store in the area even better.

Brick

SteveSRT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L6060, 8n and Polaris Ranger Northstar 1000
Jun 16, 2018
sparks, NV
Most heavy equipment dealers like Caterpillar can make hydraulic hoses too.

zuric

Equipment
L2050DT, B7000 grey mkt. ! Workbull 202 Massey,650 John Deere, 3444 Int.
Feb 12, 2017
Ava Mo.
Yeah..like the 55 bucks the local Bumper to Bumper charged me for a power steering hose for my Work Bull..36" long, 1/4", standard fitting.
The BEST option...look up Surplus Center on the web. That hose was about ten bucks from them. Guess who gets my business now ? That includes auto parts...

Mozarker

Equipment
B2150HST, LA350A FEL, Brush Hog, Rear Blade, Post Hole Digger, Gravely ZT mower
Sep 7, 2018
Southwest MO
So, you guys are OK with shop-fab hoses? Got my first tractor -an old B2150 - about 10 months ago and have been a stickler for OEM parts 'til I get a feel for the joys of maintenance. Except hoses; bought one today that the Kubota shop put together rather than wait for them to order one. 25 bucks, 10 minutes, and I was back in business. But can't shake the nagging feeling that I mighta been better off waiting for the OEM.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Welcome to the forum Mo.

If a company uses quality hose material and fittings there should be no problem with hoses they make. They need to have a good reputation for crimping the ends.

A good practice, no matter where you purchase the hose from is to be sure to blow it out with air (or oil if you have doubts) to get any possible crumbs out.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So, you guys are OK with shop-fab hoses? Got my first tractor -an old B2150 - about 10 months ago and have been a stickler for OEM parts 'til I get a feel for the joys of maintenance. Except hoses; bought one today that the Kubota shop put together rather than wait for them to order one. 25 bucks, 10 minutes, and I was back in business. But can't shake the nagging feeling that I mighta been better off waiting for the OEM.
Most OEM hydraulic hoses for these older models are not available.
Also most newer hoses are better than the originals, hydraulic hose technology has improved immensely over the years. ;)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Most OEM hydraulic hoses for these older models are not available.
Also most newer hoses are better than the originals, hydraulic hose technology has improved immensely over the years. ;)

Reminds me of a certain L35. Was a trade-in. The way that it worked at the time was that the buyer would show up after we had 4, 5, sometimes more tractors to pick up at a time; and he wouldn't pick up just one. Had to be several. Anyway, the old L35. Worked fine when traded in. Buyer calls, says we have a load, he'll be there in an hour. Ok great we'll have everything out and ready for you to load. L35 was already in the correct area, the rest we had to dig out from behind other tractors that were in for repair or whatever. He gets there, goes to load L35, hose breaks on the backhoe, won't lift the boom. And of course it's one of the hoses up inside the boom. Back it off, we'll have a hose made so he can load. I removed the hose, went to parts store, had them fab up a hose, installed it, start tractor and get ready to load, the OTHER boom hose breaks. Same deal. Came back, installed, boom raises with no more leaks. Go to raise loader, it breaks a boom hose.

12 hoses later and 3/4 of the day, he loaded and tied 'er down.

I was never so glad to see a tractor leave in the 3 decades I've been in the business.

Mozarker

Equipment
Sep 7, 2018
Southwest MO
Super good. Thanks for the reassurance, and for the tips. My latest replacement might have been the last of the original hoses. It certainly looked like it had a lot more age on it than the others Is that even possible, or do you think it might have been the last from replacement round 1? or Round 2? Tractor is prolly a '94.

Mozarker

Equipment
Sep 7, 2018
Southwest MO
Let me rephrase that: How many complete hose change-outs would you expect to occur over the course of two and a half decades?