B7800 Brake Adjustment

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
I've got a B7800 that "somebody" :rolleyes:drove around a bit too much with the park brake engaged and wore them down a bit. I've adjusted them so they now grab nice and firm, however, I can't quite see how the brakes are adjusted individually.:confused: There seems to be one turnbuckle for both brakes although when the pedals are separated, there only seems to be one rod going to the rear of the tractor. Brakes are working well enough individually, but the right is stronger than the left.
How do I get them to work evenly with the same amount of pedal-pressure, or can I?
Thanks.

Eldubya

Equipment
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
That's a great help N.I. Wolfman, Thank you! I obviously didn't look hard enough. - I think there's enough meat left on them cause the right one locks up REAL good now!

thenewblack

Equipment
b7800
Nov 17, 2014
bucks county, pa
The driver of my B7800 also does the same thing: driving with the brake on. Since it could not possibly be my mistake, or yours, it must be the tractor's fault. Though everything else about it is terrific.

I was planning to tighten my brakes as soon as it warms up a bit. Thanks for posting the diagram.

Eldubya

Equipment
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
The driver of my B7800 also does the same thing: driving with the brake on. Since it could not possibly be my mistake, or yours, it must be the tractor's fault. Though everything else about it is terrific.

I was planning to tighten my brakes as soon as it warms up a bit. Thanks for posting the diagram.
There really should be an 'idiot light' on them to protect us from ourselves. Thanks again for the schematic. The other rod is WAAAAAAY over on the left of the machine. Didn't even think to look over there. All good now and stopping on a dime!:)

marksRKP

Equipment
B7800
Jul 20, 2015
Rockport TX
I have a B7800 that was drove with the breake lock on for a while Now they seam to be stuck on Any ideals on how to relase them?