B7800 blowing 5A start/stop fuse, solenoid ok

Ray7800

Equipment
B7800
Aug 6, 2024
New Hampshire
OK, using the diagram in #8, it clearly shows that the 'solenoid' power is from a 30 A fuse NOT a 5 amp. It's fed through a 'key stop relay'. ,the ONLY thing on that 30 amp fuse.
I'm wondering if he's just misreading which fuse goes where ? perhaps the fuses aren't physically in order, as per the wiring diagram ??
30A fuse will be green
5 A fuse is brownish
Troubleshooting: I first identified the hot from the key when the key goes on, and the "feed through" to start looking for shorts. VOILA! The inside of the fuse box read like a short (a few ohms) - so I left the meter connected with an audible tone on short (grounding). As I started to remove the cowling (pop the dash, pull the tach cable, etc) and the tone was very intermittent.

So, it was definitely the brownish 5A on top of the bank. I found the issue - a mouse nest was in the console under the "tach" - chewed through the insulation (and a little wire) on a good number. I taped up the ground (BL/BR under a lug) and spliced new sections into the others.

Tested a few times, no blown fuse. replaced the original fuel solenoid, still works. REASSEMBLED - problem resolved.

Thanks to everyone and your ideas :)