B7610 Intermittent Shutdown

kcoburn

Equipment
L5240HSTC & 2 B7610s
Mar 26, 2010
West Branch, Iowa
I use this tractor with a 60" mid mower. This spring it's started shutting down frequently. Suspicious of fuel that was in the tank all winter, I drained it all, ran the fuel through a water separating filter, put some of it back in the tank along with some fresh fuel and changed the fuel filter. It continues to shut down. It will immediately re-start. It was pretty consistently shutting down when I put the mid pto in gear. The connecter was in poor shape, so I eliminated it by disconnecting the switch and putting a jumper in . No longer shuts down when I put the pto in gear, but it's still shutting down.
So there must be another of the switches intermittently losing solid contact, a break in one of the wires, or something in the fuel tank covering the outlet.
The tractor is 2002 or 3. Has roughly 400 hours on it. Can anyone suggest where to look next? Suggestions for troubleshooting? If I eliminate the engine stop solenoid then put each of the additional switches back into the circuit would this identify the source?

kcoburn

Equipment
L5240HSTC & 2 B7610s
Mar 26, 2010
West Branch, Iowa
I've " static" tested both seat switches with a continuity tester. Both were okay while sitting. I'll try jumpering each one and driving it. Thanks for the quick responses. I'll get back with what I've found after testing them.

kcoburn

Equipment
L5240HSTC & 2 B7610s
Mar 26, 2010
West Branch, Iowa
Sure enough. It was the seat switch. Don't know why it didn't occur to me to test it by jumpering. I've had this problem on other Kubotas. Took the switch out and checked continuity while wiggling it side to side. There was enough side play to break the continuity. New switch coming.
Thanks again for the reminder.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Thanks for reporting back. That helps others that may look on the forum for an answer. It's nice when the problem is a $10 solution!!