B7510 runaway engine

Drcarter

Equipment
B7510. L2601
Apr 24, 2020
Salem va usa
Ok looked again today and the slide at the top of the pump wont move. Removed the intake, sol. , Injector lines , pump bolts and the slide will not move so i cant line up the pin and slot. Not sure how to remove the pump. Any ideas. Thanks again in advance.

Drcarter

Equipment
B7510. L2601
Apr 24, 2020
Salem va usa
Follow up, took the intake ,lines, and bolts out of the pump. The slide was stuck firm. I went through the stop sol. Hole with a small punch and real small hmer. Before i did anything i sprayed some carb cleaner all over the slide. I barely tapped it and it moved. Lifted it right out. It was stuck wide open. Also the front most roller has no tension, just flops the other 2 have tension. Sprayed the slide some more and it works great. Should i have it rebuilt or just put new springs on the lifters. I would like to thank everyone for your input and help. Ps wheres the besst place to get new gaskets or reuse the old ones.

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
Your welcome..
The collapsed spring is due to a stuck plunger.. hence the stuck rack.{slider}
U probably don't need a spring.. U need to unstick the plunger..
Now your getting "into" the pump.. U NEED TO keep everything from each cylinder separated from the next.. Good luck,

Drcarter

Equipment
B7510. L2601
Apr 24, 2020
Salem va usa
Just an update,tapped the slide back got the pump out. Some small parts came out and 2 of the springs were broke. Found an engine out of a gen unit with bad generator, pulled the pump , same engine, put it in bleed it ,runs great. Thanks for all the help. I'm sure I'll be back.