B7300 Leaking Oil

Pappy

May 13, 2013
Dallas, Texas
I looked at a B7300 with a 60' MMM last night. (No FEL.) It has about 600 hours on it. It ran fine, everything worked and didn't have any obvious issues EXCEPT for one thing.

The area around the starter is oily, but I don't know enough about these motors (nor am I enough of a mechanic) to know what would be leaking in that area.

It leaks onto the front middle of the MMM, but I couldn't identify the source of the leak. It appears to be a very slow leak, as I didn't see it drip while I was there.

I can buy this tractor for $4,000. But if the oil leak is a big deal I'd have to take it to the kubota dealer, which might mean big bucks.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The only thing that really comes to mind is a leaking Oil Pressure sending unit or maybe a valve cover seal, Both are very easy fixes!

Pappy

May 13, 2013
Dallas, Texas
The only thing that really comes to mind is a leaking Oil Pressure sending unit or maybe a valve cover seal, Both are very easy fixes!
I hope you're right. I was hoping this might be a problem that somebody on here had seen before and might know.

I'm tempted to roll the dice and pull the trigger on this deal because this tractor and MMM deck would be perfect for my needs. Just trying to avoid buying a money pit.