B7200 Rattle from clutch/flywheel area?

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I have a "jingle/rattle " noise coming from clutch area of my B7200HST. It has got worse recently. I checked for loose bonnet etc. but can not find cause.
Lifted cover of HST area and observed drive shafts. Rattle occurs with engine running and clutch depressed ie no shafts rotating HST inactive. Rattle "beat"is related to engine speed. Any suggestions as to what may be the cause? Do I have to split tractor to find it?
Thanks

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
There is that one hard to get to grease fitting for the throw out and spline.
tractor near side, a hole in the tunnel is the access point.

Get a grease gun with a slender extension and give that fitting a squirt. If the sound changes,

Split the tractor and fix it ;-)

wdlanning

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3750, L4310, B20, Genie Boom
Nov 7, 2016
philadelphia pa
I have a "jingle/rattle " noise coming from clutch area of my B7200HST. It has got worse recently. I checked for loose bonnet etc. but can not find cause.
Lifted cover of HST area and observed drive shafts. Rattle occurs with engine running and clutch depressed ie no shafts rotating HST inactive. Rattle "beat"is related to engine speed. Any suggestions as to what may be the cause? Do I have to split tractor to find it?
Thanks
Thanks
Sounds like pilot bearing

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks to wdlanning and twomany for replies.
Located grease nipple proposed by twomany. Gave it approx 5 squirts from grease gun and no appreciable change in "rattle". Don't know if this is a good or bad result but thanks again for the suggestion.
I took off the drain plug and found some dirt from a small probe but I think that is to be expected and I am now out of ideas.

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks to wdlanning and twomany for replies.
Located grease nipple proposed by twomany. Gave it approx 5 squirts from grease gun and no appreciable change in "rattle". Don't know if this is a good or bad result but thanks again for the suggestion.
I took off the drain plug and found some dirt from a small probe but I think that is to be expected and I am now out of ideas.

Thunder Fish

Equipment
ZL2202DT-M
Oct 21, 2017
100 Mile House BC,Canada
I'm suspecting a bearing as well.I just did the clutch on m ZL2202DT,it took more time to take the sheet metal and wiring off than it did to split the tractor,it is not that hard.