B7200 indicator lights

tim0477

Jul 15, 2010
PA
Hi,

I have been fixing up a new to me B7200 over the last few weeks. Oil indicator light works, charge indicator light does not. How do I get to the bulbs to try another bulb? Tried loosening the fuel tank straps to move the tank but still could not get my hand anywhere near the indicator lights. Took the firewall out hoping to get the tank to move further only to have it hit into the valve cover of the engine. Put that all back together and tried unbolting the dash and removing the steering wheel only to find the throttle lever was preventing the dash from moving. Can't see what is holding that lever and did not want to break anything so I put it all back together again. What is the trick to getting at the indicator lights? All I want to do is change a light bulb, not take the whole damn tractor apart.

Thanks,
Tim

blalockw

Equipment
B7200
Jun 25, 2010
Cullman, Alabama
This suggestion might be trivial but I've had the same problem with my B7200E.
Check the connectors for the dash electronics/gauges and make sure they are tight. They are located about where your left knee is just below the cowling. There should be rubber boots protecting both of them. Remove the boots, disconnect both connectors and reconnect. Make sure you put the weatherproof boots back in place. It's a long shot with your problem(only one light out) but it's possible.

tim0477

Jul 15, 2010
PA
Thanks,

Will give re-connecting the connectors a shot. It will be about a week before I will have a chance to work on it again. I mainly want that light to work just as an indicator that the fan belt is OK. If that doesn't do it, I guess the next thing to try is taking the dash loose steering box and all to see if I can move it far enough to get my hand in there.

Thanks,
Tim