b7200 Faster in Reverse than Forward

YjJeep

Jul 17, 2016
michigsn
I have a B7200 HST 4x4 that for some reason just is dog slow going forward vs going in reverse.
The peddle going forward does not have as much movement as reverse. Is there some adjustment? I have a new filter I will put on but wanted to see if there is something I need to look at or adjust for the HST. I have not worked on a hydro drive much beyond a lawn tractor so some input would be appreciated.
Thanks

YjJeep

Jul 17, 2016
michigsn
So I played with the pedal some and it very obviously doesn't reach the full out in forward. Reverse does, the linkage stopping the reverse. Forward hits on the foot rest plate.
Can the three bolts securing the pedal be removed and rotate the pedal so it is positioned like 120 degrees (one hole rotation ) different. This would slow reverse slightly , or not as it pisses up on the cruise control linkage, and give me more pedal.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Turning the mount will not do anything for you.
It's sounding like you have an internal issue with the HST control.

YjJeep

Jul 17, 2016
michigsn
Turning the mount will not do anything for you.
It's sounding like you have an internal issue with the HST control.
Hmm don't like that idea. Now on the bracket forward does not bottom out the bracket lIke reverse does, it hits the floor pan.
What steps should I take to confirm this on the hst control.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Did this slow down just happen, or always been there?
Would shortening the linkage adjuster give you more forwards actuation and slightly less reverse travel?

YjJeep

Jul 17, 2016
michigsn
Did this slow down just happen, or always been there?
Would shortening the linkage adjuster give you more forwards actuation and slightly less reverse travel?
Not sure on this. I just got this to replace the one I was borrowing from a friend. Got it for a a little over 1k. Replaced some of the fuel lines, filter housing ect, hydraulic pump seal to get it all running good, adjusted the valves to quite it down, and runs great. Keeps up with my buddy's deer F1150 in reverse.

Linkages all have some looseness to them, nothing is ovaled. But differently some slop in the triangle bracket. The rod 180 has a bend (looks like it comes that way perhaps? metal brace welded to it? Same color at least)

I will have to take a picture of my pedal, but reverse a lot higher up than forward. I will have to take a picture later to show how it looks.

Wolf do you have the parts manual with part numbers I can get to? Not sure where you got the pictures?