b7200 3pt question

weekend farmer

Equipment
b7200
Oct 28, 2009
Rumsey,ky u.s.a.
I bought a new 5' box blade for my b7200 4wd. I noticed that the 3pt would not stay up when at idle or moving, i would have to constantly move the lever to keep the blade up. It would not stay in the up position . I checked the fluid. it was at the full mark and looked clean, also no external leaks anywhere on the tractor. The tractor does have only 499 hours on it now. I was wondering since the tractor has such low hours, and being a 26 years old. could something be sticking. i did notice that when using the 3pt, that it was very sensitive to the touch. if you moved the lever just a little bit, the 3pt seemed to jump in the direction the lever was moved. it has no problem picking up the blade, but seems really sensitive, and not smooth. any ideals on what it could be or may be an adjustment to make. also when driving with the blade up, i did notice the 3pt lever wanted to go down by itself.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Farmer, below the seat there is a knob you can turn to adjust the speed that the 3ph drops. I am not sure whether it controls how fast it comes up. There is also an adjustment to tighten or loosen the amount of pressure it takes to move the 3ph lever. I'll dig around in what literature I have and see if I can dig up the info. In the mean time I know there are guys on here who would have a more complete answer for you.:D dusty