B7100D trencher info

AgentOrange

Equipment
B7100D with trencher
Apr 10, 2015
Geneva Fl
Hello
I recently picked up a 1980 Kubota B7100D with a trencher attachment. On top of the transmission sits a box with a shifter lever looks to be possibly rear hydraulics for the trencher. Does anyone know where I can find info on these trenchers ? Trying to flush out the system but don't see where to add hydraulic oil. My machine has a trencher looks like it was made for the unit. Very Kubota looking. Trying to bring the whole rig back from a 7 year sleep. One step at a time.
Thanks
Randy
(407)756-3688

Lets see what happens.

Turn over check
Flush radiator and refill check
change oil check
put in battery check...
change fuel filter parts in the mail.
Bleed and fire see what happens.
Drain rearend/hydraulic oil check
Fix hydraulic line leaks and refill
(not sure where to put oil not in standard place).

Any help greatly appreciated........

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The trencher and whole tractor run off the same hydraulic sump which is the transmission/rear end.
Dipstick in front of the seat will tell you the level.
First go to Kubotabooks.com and download the 3 part WSM and the ops manual.

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
Does it look like this?

It is a creeper gear set up for the trencher. I have it on my tractor too. I don't have a trencher for it, but it is a factory installed add on. There are not too many B7100 tractors out there with this creeper gear. Don't know if that is good or bad, but since you have the trencher, it is good.

You add fluid through the dipstick hole. It is a pain. At least that is the only way I have figured out how to add and change the fluid.

Jay

AgentOrange

Equipment
B7100D with trencher
Apr 10, 2015
Geneva Fl
Does it look like this?

You add fluid through the dipstick hole. It is a pain. At least that is the only way I have figured out how to add and change the fluid.

Jay
Thanks guys for the replys.........your right on track. I don't find many with the trencher but you hit it right on the head.

Jay yes that is it..........That is so funny............To drain it I pulled out the big drain plug on the side of the tranny under the footrest area. I am guess ing there are drain plugs on each side of the axle from what I have read. Nothing I have found that is specific to this model. I could not see how to get fluid in the system outside of the little dipstick I see wheN I flip up the seat. I have to pour three gallons through the dip stick hole are you kidding me :) Anyway its a project going to see if it runs then go from there.
Thanks Randy...............This tractor is so ugly but it was cheap...

AgentOrange

Equipment
B7100D with trencher
Apr 10, 2015
Geneva Fl
A little update.......After sitting for 7-10 years it starts and runs and sounds pretty good. I capped off the front and back hydraulics so I can put fluid in the trans tonight. If that all works out I put tires on it and reconnect the hydraulics to see what happens. One step at a time.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A little update.......After sitting for 7-10 years it starts and runs and sounds pretty good. I capped off the front and back hydraulics so I can put fluid in the trans tonight. If that all works out I put tires on it and reconnect the hydraulics to see what happens. One step at a time.
Capping off the hydraulics on a Kubota will dead head the pump and blow the seals out of it.
Kubota's are an open system hydraulic set up, always let the fluid run a loop.
Keep a close eye on the motor oil as a blown seal will just pump oil into the motor. ;)

AgentOrange

Equipment
B7100D with trencher
Apr 10, 2015
Geneva Fl
Capping off the hydraulics on a Kubota will dead head the pump and blow the seals out of it.
Kubota's are an open system hydraulic set up, always let the fluid run a loop.
Keep a close eye on the motor oil as a blown seal will just pump oil into the motor. ;)
Thanks Wolfman....... The hydraulics are bypassed for the front and it runs in a circle so I hope I did not hurt anything. I will get them back online as soon as I can. Problem is the machine is missing the grader blade that was supposed to be on the front of it so the hydraulic lines are just hanging there. Not like you can stop down at the corner and pick up parts :)