B7100D clutch stuck

pwarren

Equipment
B7100D - Loader/roto/manual trans
Jan 13, 2012
Brockville, ON
I was pushing some snow with my 7100D loader with blade. Heavy stuff. Everything working great till the clutch pedal started to feel odd - like the load was the return spring not the pressure plates. Sure enough, after a few more engage/disengage cycles, it remained engaged and the gears would grind. Limped back to the shed. Adjusted the pedal stop so I could really depress it below the foot rest and it was bit better but tractor still creeps slightly when in gear and you try and start it. There was lots of pedal previously and never any slippage - in other words no gradual wear that would lead me to believe the clutch was wearing out. Does something need grease or am I in for and expensive split?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
My old 7100 had a drain plug under the clutch. Have you ever looked for one on yours? I would try to take my plug out every time I changed the oil. Sometimes it would have a little water and sometimes not.

pwarren

Equipment
B7100D - Loader/roto/manual trans
Jan 13, 2012
Brockville, ON
Thanks for the response. Afraid I had a window of time to get it back to the dealer. This is going to hurt I know. Will post what the issue is once I get the bill :(

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
I have a 1980 B7100D & was told the clutch needed to be replaced when I bought it as all free play adjustment was used up. I gained a bit on the adjustment but even with pedal fully depressed it will sometimes creep a bit when starting & grind when shifting gears. Don't believe the disc itself is worn as it never slips & I'm using the tractor now skidding out firewood. I have a new disc, pressure plate & release bearing & plan on splitting the tractor before Winter is over. I hope it's one of these components & not some obscure unobtainable part/linkage inside the bell housing. Awesome little tractor, I've worked the snot out of it in the year I have owned it & built all my gardening implements for it.