b7100 throw out bearing holder seals

Dennis

Jul 28, 2010
Queensland Australia
In the parts manual, my B7100 throw out bearing holder is shown as having 2 small internal seals and a third larger seal.

I have pulled my thrust bearing holder out of the the clutch housing and what appears to be the thin remnant of the larger seal seem to be stuck on the rear edge of the hub that the holder moves through.
It's pretty hard to see into that tunnel and I am not certain how an original intact seal is supposed to be seated in the clutch housing or how I am going to get the what's left of the old one it out.

Anyone out there replaced this large seal?

Dennis

Jul 28, 2010
Queensland Australia
Sorted it out.

It was hard to figure out what was was muck, what was seal and what was clutch housing in that dark tunnel.

Anyway for anyone that has to do the job, I managed to scrape out the plastic seal remnants with a small pick, and get to the metal seal casing which I sprayed with a lot of WD40 and finally punched out with a screwdriver working from in front of the bellhousing.

You need to insert new seal from inside the tunnel onto the end of the holder sleeve. Mmmm, that might be fun........