B7100 Std Hydraulic Tap

JRHill

Equipment
Orange: B7100 Std and Woodmizer; Green/yellow JD Buck, Gator and 410j.
Apr 26, 2016
Wahkiacus, Washington
Folks, under the seat on this tractor is a handle that diverts the flow from the lift arms for the PTO to an optional output. It has a threaded plug in it. Has anyone ever used this output for anything?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Folks, under the seat on this tractor is a handle that diverts the flow from the lift arms for the PTO to an optional output. It has a threaded plug in it. Has anyone ever used this output for anything?
Read the attached pages from the Operator's manual.

The system you describe with the control knob under the seat (DIRECTIONAL CONTROL VALVE) seems to be intended to operate a single acting cylinder on an implement in the same way the 3 pt hitch works with a single acting cylinder.

For double acting cylinders you need to have a hydraulic block.

The block can be difficult to find.

Further, if you wish to control double acting cylinders from the block, the control valve you install needs to have a built in relief valve to protect the main pump.

The page from the WSM shows the dimensions for the cover of the optional block.

Dave

Attachments

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I had a b7100 that used that tap to feed a loader control valve. The return dumped into the fill port on the transmission. It was kind of a pain in the butt because you had to keep turning the handle to swop between the 3 point hitch and the loader.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I had a b7100 that used that tap to feed a loader control valve. The return dumped into the fill port on the transmission. It was kind of a pain in the butt because you had to keep turning the handle to swop between the 3 point hitch and the loader.
That is why the hydraulic block was such a better solution. It was often called a Power Beyond Block as multiple circuits could operate without the operator having to be moving a lever.

Dave

JRHill

Equipment
Orange: B7100 Std and Woodmizer; Green/yellow JD Buck, Gator and 410j.
Apr 26, 2016
Wahkiacus, Washington
There was I time when I tired of fighting a 8hp Tecumseh on a towable 20T log splitter. I debated if the optional tap was usable for this duty relative to the available hydraulic pressure. I didn't want to fashion a PTO pump mount as it meant removing the back hoe or maybe just installing some quick disconnects in the back hoe or loader hydraulics. In any case I didn't end up using the B7100 as none of the pumps were two stage and would have reduced the splitter's capability.

I still ponder the utility use of the tap. Thank you for the block schematic though. It will be of benefit for some future time.

BTW, I finally traced the Tecumseh's problem to the carburetor. Bought a new one on Ebay and it has run like a champ since.