B7100 Hydraulics

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
I have posted on here a couple of times to try & get the straight poop on using the tractor hydraulics & the selector valve under the seat to operate a front snow plow & controlling the lifting with the operator's hydraulic control lever located to the right side of the driver, after rear 3 point was raised out of the way & the selector valve switched to the other port. Never got a definite answer from anyone who has done it. Here is a link just posted on utube of a B7100 with a front snow plow & the operator using the hydraulic control lever to raise & lower, with 3 point raised to the top of it's travel & probably being held there by hydraulic fluid trapped in that circuit. I wish I could see the plumbing associated with his cylinder, whether it is double acting with a return line (giving him down pressure as well), or just using a single acting cylinder setup with a small vent/air filter in the other port & no return line back to the sump. Can anybody add any more info, please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbDazQHGW4E

Crap! Just watched the video again & his 3 point is raising/lowering as the front blade raises/lowers. Not a big deal as the 3 point could be chained up, but the high pressure line from the pump must have been tapped into for it to work this way? And from the way the blade is floating around, don't think there's any down pressure?

Last edited:

KennyV

Equipment
L4200GST (cab)
Hey Piker...
I don't think he is running another hydraulic cylinder to lift the blade ...
It looks like he has coupled a lift rod on the mid mower lift, thats why you can see the 3pt arms lifting when he lifts the front blade. That system would work well, and uses the blade weight to bring it down and would just float until you lifted again... :)KennyV

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
'Morning Kennyv. I think you're right. Buddy took the real easy way out. Looks like it works good. Not an option on my tractor.