b7100 hydraulics

Pili Palas

Equipment
b7100
Jan 1, 2011
Anglesey, United Kingdom
Hi All
After the very cold weather we recently had.The rear arms on my b7100 are stuck solid in the up position. I have a front loader which works OK. I have changed the hydraulic oil and cleaned the filter, which was very dirty. I have also moved the speed adjuster under the seat it makes no difference. any help would be apreciated.

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
How much weight is currently on the 3pt hitch?

Does the loader use its own pump or the tractors hydraulics?

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
i beleive all 3pt are power up only. gravity down. sooo it could be binding
or froze. jump on it
Louis

Pili Palas

Equipment
b7100
Jan 1, 2011
Anglesey, United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies. The loader uses the same pump which is works OK, I have also put weight on the arms and left them overnight but they are still stuck in the up position.

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Do you have the valve under the seat to switch from 3pt to Loader and are you using this to power the loader. That's how I set mine up, and I can't lower the 3pt unless I put the valve back to the 3pt setting.

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Hi gktilton - I have a B7100 & haven't been able to figure out that selector valve under the seat. I currently have nothing connected to the other port. On your tractor can, or do you swich from 3 point to the loader while the tractor & pump are running or do you have to shut down, switch the valve & start up again or can you switch back & forth while operating? When switched to the loader position, do you control the loader with the hydraulic control lever on the right of your seat? If I have a back blade on the 3 point, raise it up, switch the valve to the front , will my rear blade stay in the raised position?

gktilton

Equipment
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
I just put the loader onto my tractor, and it is not the correct loader for the tractor, but I made it fit. I can switch from 3pt to loader and back without shutting off the tractor. When I switch to the loader I have to put the 3pt hitch lever into the raise position where it stays and then I use the two loader control valves to control the loader. When I start the tractor I raise the 3pt, with a weight box on it, then switch to loader and the weight box with 350lbs stays up just fine.

The valve that switches from 3pt to loader on mine has an arrow on the handle, if it is pointing to the side with the port and the 3pt lever is engaged it will direct the flow of oil there. Don't play with the valve unless something is connected, don't ask how I know to not do that.

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Switching the valve with nothing connected to the other port.........., is this called "dead ending" the pump? What happens then?

gktilton

Equipment
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Switching the valve with nothing connected to the other port.........., is this called "dead ending" the pump? What happens then?
I don't know what they call it, but my hand was only on the 3pt lever for about 3 seconds and 2 quarts of hydro fluid hit the right side fender, under pressure. No injury but a wet pants leg and new pair of shorts needed.:eek:

Pili Palas

Equipment
b7100
Jan 1, 2011
Anglesey, United Kingdom
Thanks for all the help. I finally put a transport box on the back and filled it with 1/2 ton slate waste suddenly the box came crashing down lucky I had steel toe cap boots on. Everything works fine now I dont know what could have been wrong though.