b7100 HD 4WD Hydraulic/transmission oil capacity

Dennis

Jul 28, 2010
Queensland Australia
Without ever having an Operators Manual I have, in the past, changed my transmission/hydraulic oil by draining from the plug at the bottom of the transmission case. When I did this I could only drain about 8.5 litres out.

There is supposed to be a capacity 11.5 litres (written on plate near filler hole)

Since learning ( from my new Manual) that there are two other drain plugs either side of the rear differential I undertook a complete drain expecting to get the full 11.5 litres but the most I could drain out (letting it drip for hours) was about 10.5 litres.

I cleaned the filter , replaced it and carefully refilled and sure enough 10.5 litres took it to the top mark of the dipstick.

I ran the engine and worked the hydraulics for a time and checked again but it has not gone down from the dipstick mark.

I can understand that some residual oil might remain in the hydraulic lines but surely not one whole litre(qtr gallon)

Has anyone else encountered this with there kubota

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
I just drained my fluid on my L225DT and it was about a good quart and a half shy of the stated amount. After refilling as well. I wouldn't worry about it if it runs properly.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Without ever having an Operators Manual I have, in the past, changed my transmission/hydraulic oil by draining from the plug at the bottom of the transmission case. When I did this I could only drain about 8.5 litres out.

There is supposed to be a capacity 11.5 litres (written on plate near filler hole)

Since learning ( from my new Manual) that there are two other drain plugs either side of the rear differential I undertook a complete drain expecting to get the full 11.5 litres but the most I could drain out (letting it drip for hours) was about 10.5 litres.

I cleaned the filter , replaced it and carefully refilled and sure enough 10.5 litres took it to the top mark of the dipstick.

I ran the engine and worked the hydraulics for a time and checked again but it has not gone down from the dipstick mark.

I can understand that some residual oil might remain in the hydraulic lines but surely not one whole litre(qtr gallon)

Has anyone else encountered this with there kubota
I would not worry about a liter. There are various lines etc that do not drain out when you change the fluid.:D