B7100 hard start and over-speed after repairs

Teenwith318

Equipment
B7100D w/ Home Made FEL
Mar 13, 2020
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
That sure sounds like air in the system..
Have u tried PRESSURIZING the fuel system.??
THAT'LL show u something.. either dry all the lines w. brakekleener, sprinkle baby powder along the lines & bowl assembly & put a few lb's in the fuel tank & look for the wet spots.
OR just spray everything down w/ a soap & water & solution, pressurize the tank & look for bubbles..
Its best to have a helper.. that way they can spray while u run the air..
U DONT wanna blow up your tank so be careful.
Thank you for the advice! I will try that today or tomorrow. Then I was bleeding the system initially, the bleed screw on the injection pump was REALLY tight. I wonder if there is rust under it which does not let the copper washer to seal...

Teenwith318

Equipment
B7100D w/ Home Made FEL
Mar 13, 2020
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Update!

THATS an EASY way to check your fuel quality..
Take it out & remove the inlet banjo bolt..if the threads are rusted, u found a problem..
No rust under the bolt.

All three injectors where pop tested, no issues found. Pop pressure correct and no leakage when closed.

I didn't have a chance to dry all of the fuel lines and pumps with brake cleaner to check for leaks, hopefully, I will do that in the next couple of days. Any advice on what is the best way to (slightly) pressure up the fuel tank to diagnose leaks?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Any advice on what is the best way to (slightly) pressure up the fuel tank to diagnose leaks?
You don't do that, if it's got a fuel leak on any line from the tank to the injection pump, it will leak fuel without any pressure.